Chapter Fourty - Nine

March...

I couldn't wake up. No matter how hard I try, I couldn't wake up. I could hear Harry trying to wake me up. I could hear him, I swear. But I just couldn't find the strength to open my eyes or respond. 

"Diana!" his voice blasted through my head.

Taking a few seconds to myself, I gathered just enough energy to ask, "What time is it?" I asked.

"It's 10:00. Checkout is at 11:00."

I jumped up in my bed, because lateness is my go to wake up call. I tried to move my legs, but they hurt, and suddenly remembered why. I began laughing as I fell back on my bed, with my hands over my face. "Harry?"

"Yeah?" he asked.

I sighed. It was just like the first time that we had sex. "I can't walk." 

"C'mon, Di. We have to get ready."

I sat up and shook my head. "No, Harry. I'm being serious. I can't walk. It hurts too much."

When Harry realized that I wasn't joking, he smiled. "Really?" But I just ignored him and his growing ego. I tried to get up, and eventually I got to my feet. But once I couldn't take a step. When I tried, I almost fell. "Wait," Harry said. He picked me up and carried me to the bathroom. He let me sit on the counter in his t shirt and my underwear, and he handed me my toothbrush.

I smiled. "Thank you."

~~~

"So did you and Harry have a good time last night?" Chasity asked with a smile as she winked at me. We were just boarding the plane back home.

My eyes widened. "How did you-?"

She looked at me as if I were the most naive girl in the world. "You've got to be kidding me. I could hear you from the pool. And I wasn't even in the water or near the back door, for that matter."

We found our seats and stood, opening the compartments. "Wait, do -"

But she cut me off. She already knew what I was going to say. "Yeah, they know too."

Harry came up next to me. "Here," he said, picking up my carry on and putting it in for me. I went into my seat, and Harry sat next to me. "How are your legs?" he asked.

"They're fine... thanks for the wheelchair in the airport though," I said with small laugter.

Harry held my hand tightly and smiled at me. "You're welcome."

~~~

That night, we got home to find Aunt Katie talking to my mom. "Mom?" I said, limping while Harry brought our bags in.

"Diana, you're back!" My mom said, pulling me into a hug.

I slowly hugged her back, unsure of what was going on. "Yeah, I texted you when I landed. Aunt Katie, why are you here?" I asked.

"Hey, I'm going to bring these up to your room, and then I'll be right down," Harry said before kissing me on the cheek.

"Are you limping?" Aunt Katie asked.

I looked down at my leg and limped to the chair. "Yeah, it's nothing. Why are you here?" I asked, taking a seat.

"I was around the area - I figured that I'd stop by."

"Aunt Katie is going to be staying with us for a while."

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Why?" I asked. I didn't mean to sound rude, but she wasn't exactly what I'd call good company. 

Aunt Katie seemed taken aback. "Excuse me?"

"N-no. I mean, is there something going on at home?" I asked.

But before she could respond, Harry walked in and took a seat next to me. "What did I miss?"

"Aunt Katie is staying here for a while.. isn't that great?" I asked.

Harry looked from me to her and shrugged. "Yeah, I guess so."

The awkward tension was getting a little too much for me to handle. "Okay, well, Harry and I are crazy tired. You know, long flight. We're going to head to bed."

"What? It's only 10:00."

I nodded. "I know. It's just, we're beat. We'll see you guys in the morning. Goodnight!" And Harry carried me upstairs.

Once Harry and I were in bed and the light was off, it was quiet. The silence was piercing through my ears. So I spoke. "Harry...?"

"Yeah?"

I moved closer to him, resting my head on his arm and my hand on his chest. "I don't want Aunt Katie to be here..."

"Why not?"

"It's going to be like having two of my mom except worse. She's so judgemental. And I don't want her to effect you coming over like you always do."

"Listen. Di. I love you. And nothing she does would ever keep me from coming here."

I nodded. "I just... I have a really bad feeling about this."

"Well stop having that bad feeling. It's only making you worry - you'll get wrinkles."

I laughed a little. "Thanks."

(Okay. So I know that this was super super super super super short. And I apologize. But the next chapter is April so, I wanted to kind of start a fresh long chapter if that makes sense. So, yeaaah.)