Chapter Twenty - Seven

December...

I've stopped wearing bracelets.

I've also showed Harry my ask.fm. He made me delete it. He said that it wasn't healthy for me to keep it.

That same day, I showed him my tumblr... I showed him what everyone messages me. He told me to delete that too, but I told him that it was my release. So he let me keep it... as long as I turned off the part where people could ask me things. He said that that wasn't safe either.

Christmas is tomorrow, and Harry had told me that he had planned on spending it with my family. I never questioned him about his own family because I just assumed that he was sensitive to it.

When I got home from late Christmas shopping, I had gone straight to my room. But once I got in, I was shocked when I saw that Harry was on my bed. "Harry? When'd you get here?"

He shrugged. "An hour ago? Maybe two?"

"Why didn't you call me?" I asked, putting the shopping bags down on the floor near my closet.

He shrugged again. "No reason," he said, moving over so that there was space for me on the bed.

I went to the empty space and laid down in his arms. "Are you okay?" I asked.

He nodded. "Yeah, I'm fine. Did you have a good day?" he asked, hugging me even more,

"Yeah. Late Christmas shopping. What could be better?" I joked.

He smiled a little. "Yeah, well... who's fault is that for forgetting to shop for gifts?" he asked teasingly.

I laughed slightly. "Speaking of," I began, turning more so that I was completely facing him, "You never told me what you wanted for Christmas."

He shrugged. "Because I don't want anything."

"You're lying. Everyone wants something - at least one thing."

He sighed. "Well, of course I want something... just nothing that you can give me."

"Well, why not?" I asked.

"Because..."

"What is it?"

He shook his head. "Nevermind. Forget it."

"Tell me."

But he still refused. "No, it's fine."

I sighed in defeat and turned away.

"What, so now you're mad at me?" he asked.

"No," I lied.

"Yes you are."

"I'm not," I lied again.

He sighed. "Fine. What I want... is a promise."

I furrowed my eyebrows and turned to face him. "A promise?" I asked.

He nodded. "Yeah, a promise."

"Okay... what is it?"

He hesitated, but he still continued. "I want... I want you to promise me something."

I nodded. "okay."

He sighed and then stopped. He looked around the room and bit his lip, taking the metal ring into his mouth for a second. "Promise me that you'll stop cutting..." he trailed off.

Oh. "H-harry, I-I don't th-think I-"

Harry put his hand up to stop me and shook his head. "It's fine. I didn't expect you to stop for me..." he trailed off.