Chapter Nine

October...

"I've been looking for you everywhere. I'm not kidding. I've literally been looking for you all over the place. When you weren't picking up Chasity, I asked her where you were and she said that she didn't know, so I left. I left and I went to find you."

W-what...? How was this possible? "Where'd you look?"

"All around town. I went to every house on your block, excpet for your house because I thought, Diana is too smart to stay in her own house when she tries to run away from her problems." Damn, this guy was annoyingly moody. Although my heart was beating extremely fast, I felt so much hatred. Yet, I couldn't help but smile at his witty remark.

"I'm not... I'm not running away from my problems," I said.

He nodded. "Yes, you are. You know it. I know it."

Damn it. He was right. I know he is. I'm just too stupid to admit it. God, what's wrong with me? Oh yeah. Everything. "I don't know what you're talking about. What are you doing here anyways? You obviously don't want anything to do with me, so why are you here?"

He looked almost shocked. "Of course I want something to do with you. I never said that I didn't," he said, shoving his hands into his pockets.

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever. So, can you leave?" I asked.

But instead, he walked straight into my room, and I closed the door behind him. He sat on my bed and looked around.

"Or come in?" I said, smacking my hands to my sides.

"Anyways, I came to tell you that you missed the announcement today," Harry spoke.

For a second I was slightly shocked. I mean, if a guy acted like he hated you and then liked you and then hated you and then came to find you when you left just to tell you about an announcement, you'd be pretty shocked too, or at least curious. "W-what?"

Harry leaned back on my bed. "Well, there was an announcement today. Homecoming is this week - Saturday."

"Harry, I knew that."

Harry nodded. "I know," he said with a slight smirk. Damn him.

"Okay, so why are you telling me this?" Holy crap. I don't know if I was angry. Or confused or upset or weirded out. But I was something.

Harry stood up after a while, and he sighed. "Well, I'll see you there, right?"

I almost choked on my own saliva. What. the. hell. "Um, what? You're going?" I asked.

He shrugged. "I mean, yeah. Why?"

But I just shook my head. "Nothing, it's just that it doesn't exactly seem like your kind of crowd - your scene or whatever," I explained briefly.

"Well, I'm going to have to go with my date so..." he trailed off, looking around the room.

Once again, for what felt like the thousandth time, my heart dropped. What am I even doing? I knew he wouldn't like me. I knew it. Who is it, though? Ugh. It's probably Amanda. She pisses me off. She gets everything she wants, and I'm here... like crap. "Oh... so you have a date?" I asked.

He nodded simply. "Yeah."

"Wh-who is she?" I asked hesitantly. I didn't want him to think I was too into this subject even though it actually bugged the hell out of me.

But he just shrugged. "Oh, just this girl. She's really nice, but she's kind of annoying."

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Then why are you going with her?" I asked.

Harry came closer to me and took my hand. I immediately felt the goosebumps all over my body. He pulled me to the bed, and we sat down. "Can I talk to you about something?" he asked. I nodded. "Well, I mean, she's annoying. She's frustrating. She's probably the worst thing that's ever happened to me."

"What the hell?"

"Let me talk," he said, "She's the worst thing that has ever happened to me, but she's also the best. She's beautiful, and too nice for her own good. She deals with my bullshit. At first I thought that she was pissing me off, but I just realized that I was actually liking her.... I'd just never felt that before.

I had to fight back my tears. Here he was, describing his perfect girl... yet all I could think about was him describing me like that, but then I realized... oh yeah, no one could ever possibly love me. "That's really nice... I'm happy for you. I really am. I'm glad that you found somebody that will give you what you need," I said, biting the inside of my cheek.

He sighed and moved closer to me. He tucked my loose strands of hair behind me ear. "Thanks." And that was it.

"You, um... you should get going," I said after a moment of awkward silence.

Harry nodded agreeingly. "Yeah, you're uh, you're probably right..." he said, looking away.

We both got up and went to the door. I opened the door and let him pass me. The walk down the stairs was silent but comfortable. It was when we got down that I didn't really know what to do or say... I led him to the front door and opened it.

"So, I guess I'll see you later?" I said to him once he was outside.

Harry nodded. "Yeah, sure," he said. Then it was silent again. I didn't move. I just stood there, and so did he. Soon, brought his hand up to my face and caressed my cheek using his thumb. His hand moved swiftly so that he was now cupping me face. He came closer and bent down low enough to reach me, and he placed a small kiss on my forehead. And immediately, I got chills and the butterflies inside of me grew. "So, Saturday, I'll pick you up at 7:00."

Furrowing my eyebrows, I tried to recover from the small forehead kiss as best as I could. "7:00? Isn't that the time that you should be picking up your date?"

A smirk played at his lips. "Exactly," he said before walking way without another word.