Family, Friends and Enemies.

Richard smiled jumping off from his steed and moving to embrace his cousin, his cousin readily accepted the embrace and patted him on the back. "It's good to see you alive Colonel." smirked Richard pulling away from the embrace. "And you Colonel. It has been far too long." replied Darcy with a sad smile, remembering that had the scourge been taken care of he would be visiting Rosings Park in a months time. "Indeed it has been, I have been stationed at Hingham Bridge for far too long. I was relieved to get word from you that you were in fact a mere two hours ride from the bridge. Sadly I couldn't leave till this morning, then a mindless horde spooked my horse and I made quick work dispatching them thanks to this fair young lady." Said Richard tilting his head in thanks once again to Elizabeth.

Darcy's eyebrow raised before he replied "I see you have already made the acquaintance of Colonel Elizabeth Bennet. She is the one I spoke of in my letter, this regiment will be taking over for yours in a few months." Richard looked momentarily taken back before he smoothly replied "It will be an honor getting to know you Colonel." Elizabeth smiled before replying "It was a pleasure to meet you Colonel Fitzwilliam. I am afraid you must excuse me, several soldiers are not at their posts." she quickly curtseyed before walking determinedly across the encampment. Richard stared after her, already falling for her whit and natural beauty. "My word. Darcy you never said she was a warrior goddess!" he exclaimed fixing his cousin with a scolding expression. Darcy however was not amused and quickly replied "It never entered my mind cousin. Come let us catch up, perhaps you can visit Georgiana before you return to your camp?" he suggested making Richard smile.

"Oh yes! Where is our young charge? Her skills in the deadly arts have grown quite impressive. I must return to my regiment the day after tomorrow, we must take what time we have and use it wisely." declared Richard clasping Darcy on the shoulder. Darcy rolled his eyes before replying "Georgiana will be spending most of the day with Miss Elizabeth Bennet's two sisters. I dare say she was close to inflicting pain upon Miss Bingley if she was stuck alone any longer with her." Richard chuckled as he remembered Charles Bingley's youngest sister, the conniving vixen that she was... Always trying to present herself as his cousin's perfect match. "I give her merits for lasting so long, we are able to escape her advances for most of the days.... She however is stuck where society has put her." he said ducking his head beneath the tent flap as he entered Darcy's personal tent.

Several hours later at Netherfield

Georgiana and Kitty moved stealthily through the great halls, their eyes surveying every potential exit before they entered the drawing room. They quickly sat down by the window and poured some tea "Will you tell me what Pemberley is like Miss Darcy?" asked Kitty timidly, wondering what a estate grander than Netherfield Park would look like. Georgiana gracefully poured them more tea before beginning to go into great detail about her home. About twenty minutes later they stopped talking when a couple voices came from down the hall. "Really?!? How can it be so hard to find Miss Darcy and Miss Catherine Bennet? It's not like they grew wings and flew away." Both girls jumped from the sofas and sped from the room in the opposite direction. "Are you sure we should've left Jane with our hosts? Miss Bingley can be quite ruthless." asked Georgiana looking at her newly made friend as they turned a corner and sped away.

Kitty laughed "Jane may be sweet and shy in a appearance but she can be more deadly than a hundred Miss Bingley's. Besides Mister Bingley is with her and shall keep his sister in line...... I hope." She said with a shrug. "Perhaps we can spar in the gardens? Your sister Elizabeth was teaching me some of the fighting styles of China when she was here." Kitty smirked before dashing off down the halls as she exclaimed "Last one to the gardens is a snail!" Georgians gasped quickly looking around before dashing off after the young Bennet sister.

Meanwhile, Jane sat upon a sofa in the now vacated drawing room as she was handed a cup of tea from Lousia Hurst. "So tell me Jane, I have heard rumors of the protectors of Hertfordshire, there is said to be five yet you only have two sisters. Who are the other two?" asked Caroline with a scrutinizing eye. Lousia joined her sister on the sofa across from Jane and looked intrigued as well, however, neither sister saw the looks of pain fly through her eyes. Jane was utterly dismayed in the subject change from moments ago, she missed her sisters and parents so much that it brought sharp pain to her heart with every thought of them. Taking a deep breath she placed her tea cup down and replied "They are...erm were my two sisters Mary and Lydia. They joined the undead along with my parents a little over a week ago Lizzy and I couldn't save them. Elizabeth had to put them out of their misery."

Both Caroline and Louisa gasped absolutely horrified, Lousia quickly speaking up to apologize "Oh dear Jane, we had no idea.... Please forgive us. I am so sorry for your loss." she said with a frown. Caroline however though sad for Jane's loss was ecstatic at the new information given.... Perhaps it could come in handy later. Jane gave them a gracious smile her forgiving heart taking over and allowing her to divert the conversation to something more pleasant. "How are you liking Hertfordshire Miss Bingley? It must be less busy than you are used to in London." she asked with a smile. "I have to admit that I much prefer London society to that of country, I find the manners here barely tolerable." said Miss Bingley barely hiding her disgust making Jane hide a cringe.

End of the day

Elizabeth walked to the stables and set to retrieve her horse, it seemed that Darcy and Richard were of the same mind and literally ran into her. "Umph!" she groaned out as she nearly tumbled to the ground. Reacting on instinct she managed to regain her footing and whipped around to address the people who had run into her. "Miss Bennet! My apologies, I was so engrossed in my conversation with Darcy that we didn't see you as we came around the corner." explained Colonel Fitzwilliam looking rather horrified at his part in the current events. Elizabeth instantly relaxed and let a natural smile grace the two men "It is quite alright, no harm done. I was just walking to saddle my horse, I must meet my sisters at Netherfield in half an hour. Please excuse me." she replied before dipping into a polite curtsey and rushing off to her horse's stall.

When she arrived at Netherfield she found the strangest thing happening, there was a commotion in the northern gardens and she could hear her sisters voices in the mix of others. She darted off her horse just as Richard and Darcy came to a halt beside her and ran off in the direction of the gardens. "Miss Elizabeth please wait!" shouted Darcy scrambling off his horse as he too heard the commotion in the gardens. Richard was likewise getting off his horse and as soon as he was on the ground he sprinted after his cousin and Elizabeth. The guards let them through knowing Elizabeth and Darcy and trusting that Richard was their friend. When they all but flew into the gardens the site that met them was quite unexpected. Elizabeth was albeit a little confused by the presence of the guest but smiled none the less, Darcy and Richard however were anything but pleased.

-Authors note- What do you think? Please comment below with your thoughts. Thank you for reading!