Too many questions, not enough answers.

Georgiana, Jane, Kitty and Bingley all stood silently as the unexpected visitor was politely escorted from the area by Darcy and Richard. Georgiana was trembling while Kitty, Jane and Bingley looked utterly confused.... Elizabeth however was annoyed by the fact that she didn't understand what was going on. "I don't understand, why is Mister Darcy and Colonel Fitzwilliam escorting that women out? Has she done something wrong?" she asked looking between Georgiana and Bingley for some kind of answer. Georgiana frowned while Kitty was the one to reply "She is not a friend Lizzy, she has wronged the Darcy's in a severe way that shall not be spoken of."

Elizabeth was surprised be the way Kitty became fiercely protective of Georgiana, she decided that whatever was going on was none of her business and that it was time for them to go home. "Jane, Kitty.... We must make our way home. The light is already gone." she said with a sigh looking up to the night sky filled with various twinkling stars. Bingley frowned "Are you quite sure that you will make your way alright? It would be no trouble for you and your sisters to stay the night as a safety measure." he suggested looking between her and Jane to the woods not far off. Jane smiled reassuringly to him before replying "That is kind of you Mister Bingley, however, our aunt is expecting us home and we don't want to disappoint her." Charles looked sadden but quickly covered it up with his usual cheerful attitude "Yes of course Miss Bennet... May I walk you and your sisters to the stables?" he asked pushing his elbow out to which she accepted.

Jane, Kitty and Elizabeth quickly bid adieu to Georgiana before heading to the stables escorted by Bingley. Two stable boys brought out the three stallions and stood by their master as the Bennet sisters mounted. "Thank you for your invitation to Netherfield Mister Bingley, we enjoyed our visit very much." Said Jane with all politeness. Kitty smiled along side her sister and also thanked him before Elizabeth cleared her throat "I am sorry but I am afraid we must be leaving... I smell rain in the air." she said watching as Bingley's eyes widen and he looked to be debating with himself as to what he should do. "Then ride fast my friends... For we know that unmentionables spring from such adverse weather." The Bennet sisters curtly nodded before kicking their horses into a run as they made their way into the forest.

Half an hour later

Darcy sat down wearily with a cup of brandy in his hand, Richard took up the seat across from him and released a troubled sigh. "Had I known that he was stationed here I never would've allowed Georgie to come." said Darcy taking a gulp of his drink with signs of obvious distress. "You couldn't have known Darcy, we will not allow that blackguard to interfere with our lives again. We must be vigilant in this and we will succeed." reassured Richard making Darcy curtly nod before mumbling "it's just one thing after another".

The next two days passed fairly quickly with Elizabeth finding herself in the constant company of Darcy and Richard. The former of which worked hard to constantly vex her, she surmised. However, quite to Elizabeth's surprise, she found that she enjoyed being in Colonel Fitzwilliam's company and often sought out his advice on militia protocol matters. The colonel was all too enthusiastic to help show her the ropes and make educated suggestions. Jane found that the two were joined at the hip from the time she arrived at the encampment to the time that she arrived at the house. But all too soon the time came for Colonel Fitzwilliam to return to his regiment. He spent the remaining hours he had left with his cousins and soon after left, informing them that he would visit again soon if possible. During the whole time of his stay neither Darcy nor Richard saw hide nor hair of the infamous Mister Wickham. But sadly this good fortune did not last, for the day after Richard left, Left Tenant Wickham reemerged.

Elizabeth and Georgiana had decided to take a walk in town while Colonel Darcy and Captain Bingley had several of the men over for cards and drinks. While walking they came across Misses Smith's ribbon shop and went in. "Oh Miss Elizabeth look at this ribbon!" exclaimed Georgiana over a royal blue ribbon with an ornate jeweled design. Elizabeth inspected the item and smiled "It is quite beautiful, it would go well with that gown that you were showing me the other day." Georgiana hummed in agreement before picking up the piece and making her way over to the counter to purchase it, Elizabeth following right after her with her own ribbon to purchase. However, who she found at the counter was what startled her the most. "Why hello Miss Elizabeth....... Miss Darcy." said Wickham bowing in greeting, Elizabeth curtseyed with a smile while Georgiana remained upright and stiff. "It's good to see you again Left Tenant Wickham, I trust that you are well?" asked Elizabeth unsure as to the coldness her friend was emanating towards the man.

"I am quite well, thank you. How are you enjoying this fine afternoon?" he asked smiling at her but keeping an eye locked on Georgiana, enjoying her discomfort at his presence. Georgiana was having a mental panic attack at the site of her former fiancé, she watched with wide eyes unable to speak as Elizabeth continued casual conversation with the man. Finally after about five minutes of conversation Georgiana got the courage to speak "Elizabeth, I am afraid we must return to Netherfield immediately. I forgot that we are to practice our duet." she said in a tone that made Elizabeth's eyes widen in surprise. She wasn't sure what her shy friend was up to, but decided that she would follow her lead. "Oh yes, how silly of me. I completely forgot about Miss Bingley's request for a duet, we must remedy this situation." she placed her purchase down and paid for it as quickly as she could, Georgiana a step ahead of her. Georgiana turned towards Wickham and with hardened eyes said " Excuse us Mister Wickham, we are unable to entertain you further." before she all but pulled Elizabeth from the shop.

As they walked to Netherfield Elizabeth decided to ask about what just happened with Mister Wickham. "Georgiana... Could you please explain why you were so rude to Mister Wickham?" she asked looking at her friend with no small amount of concern. "I am afraid Lizzy that Left Tenant Wickham is not someone you should associate your self with." and with those words she sped up leaving Elizabeth in utter bewilderment and no questions answered.

-Authors Note- How did you like the chapter? Leave comments below and tell me what you think. Thank all of you that are actively following this story. You are all so amazing!