Chapter Ninety Four

The drive back to the church was a slow one. Merle and Lauren had a hard time getting Beth into the car. She tried to run after the car Sam was in but she got caught. She was no currently sulking in the back seat.

Her arms crossed and head resting against the window, her eyes locked onto the trees that they passed.

"Don't worry Elizabeth, Sam will be just fine." Merle says as he quickly glances at the mirror, looking at Beth.

Beth huffs and glares at him.

"Call me that again and I'll kill you." She growls.

Merle chuckles and shakes his head.

Lauren turns around in her seat and rests her hand on Beth's knee. They lock eyes and Lauren gives her a smile.

"Don't fucking touch me." Beth warns.

Lauren stops smiling slowly and she removes her hand, turning back to face the road ahead.

It wasn't long before the trio arrived back at the church. Maggie was sat outside on the steps and when she saw the car, she quickly stood up and wiped her eyes.

Merle got out of the car first and helped Lauren who was struggling.

"LAUREN CHRISTINE CIMORELLI!"

Lauren flinched at the use of her full name. She turned her head to see a fuming Lisa making her way out of the church.

"Hey Lisa.."

"Don't 'hey Lisa' me! THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU WERE DOING?! YOU'RE HURT!!!" Lisa yelled.

"I'm fine! Please stop yelling..."

"I'm sorry. I just can't lose you too. What if a herd came through? You can't run. Not with your ankle like that." Lisa sighed.

Lauren limped over to Lisa and wrapped her sister in a tight hug.

Maggie watched them sadly, until another car door opened and Beth stepped out slowly, slamming the door shut.

"Oh thank God." Maggie sighed with relief and ran over to Beth and hugged her sister. She leant back and saw some cuts on her face. "What happend to you?"

"Nothing." She replies with no tone in her voice. No expression on her face. She gently pushed Maggie away and made her way into the church. As she walked in, Rick and Michonne followed by Sasha and Glenn walked out.

"Where's the others?" Rick asked.

"There was a little problem." Merle said.

"Problem? Are they dead?" Maggie asks.

Merle shakes his head and looks around.

"Where's Carol?"

"I'm here." She says walking out of the church and towards Merle.

"The men that took Beth, they also took Sophia. They've gone to get her." Merle says with a small smile.

Carol's eyes fill with tears. She puts a hand over her mouth.

"My baby girl is alive."

Merle walks over to Rick and hands him the map.

"They're going there." He says pointing to the red circle. "Sam said to give them a few days and if they're not back we go after them."

Rick nods his head slowly and folds the map and puts it in his back pocket.

"Three days we'll go after them." Rick announces to the group outside. He walks inside to the church and tells everyone what's happend and what's going to happen.

"We get the girl, then we'll be off to Washington." Abe says standing up. "You're welcome to join us. It'll be safe. They're working on a cure."

"I have communications with others. Everything is looking good. It's a safe haven." Eugene says.

Rick nods his head and rubs his beard.

"You sure we're welcome to join?"

"Of course."

"Okay."

As everyone begins to make small talk, Lauren walks over to Beth who is looking at Sam's things.

"She'll be okay."

Beth reaches for Sam's jacket and holds it close to her chest.

"She will be fine Beth. She's tough. She has something to fight for and that something is you."

Beth slowly puts Sam's jacket on, it's a little too big for her still but she doesn't care. It smells like her and feels like her.

"She doesn't break her promises. So I know she'll be fine. I know she'll come back." Beth says as she sits down and wraps the jacket tighter around her. "I hope."