Ready or Not

Rey's POV
I blink my eyes and it's completely dark. I can't see where I am or who I'm with.

I feel someone breathing and realize I'm in someone's lap, sitting. No more like they're cradling me.

I lift my hands in front of my face and can't see them. I touch my face. Maybe I'm blind or its night time. I'm hoping it's the second one.

I shift my position and the arm wrapped around my waist tightens. I don't know who the arm belongs to, nor where I am or how I got here, but I feel safe. Even safer than being with Luke on Ahch-To.

There's a breeze kicking up and I shiver. My scavenger senses kick in and I know there's a storm coming of some sort. I don't know what kind or how long until it hits. I don't really care though. I'm cold and whoever is holding me is warm.

I wrap my arms around myself and notice my arm has my wrap back on it, but the other is gone. I feel the texture of my wrap. This isn't my arm wrap. This is first aid bandage. What did I get myself into?

I remember loading the ship with Luke on Ahch-To, but that's it. That's the last thing I remember.

I feel the persons breathe again, but instead of it blowing through my hair, I feel it on the side of my forehead. I feel the strangers face. It's a male and he has no facial hair, so it's not Master Luke. Plus I don't believe Master Luke would ever cradle me.

I give whoever it is a quick kiss on the cheek. "Thank you for your kindness." I whisper, then I shift again, but trying to get closer. I rest my head on there shoulder and their head shifts and rests on top of mine.

I don't care, they're warm and they're most likely the one who tended to my arm.

Kylo's POV
My eyes open to the darkness surrounding me and to the touch of someone's hand on my face. I remember it's the Scavenger in my lap.

Why is she touching my face? I feel her lips touch my cheek. "Thank you for your kindness." I don't think she knows it's me. She stirs in my lap, cuddling herself more into my chest. I feel her head rest on my shoulder, I can't fight the urge to put my head on hers. She doesn't move, so I don't either.

I sense her drifting off to sleep and I follow as well

I'm standing in a meadow. I see her with her back to me. I begin walking towards her and stop myself 3 feet behind her. She reaches for her lightsaber as do I. Then at the same time we throw them down at one another's feet. We stare at the lightsabers.

"Why do we fight?" I speak first.

"Because you're chasing me."

"I'm not chasing you, just ummm... following and finding you." I look up at her and see she's looking at me.

"I can feel you following me, but I don't understand why."

"I'm don't either. There's a strange sense that I need to see you." I feel exposed without my helmet.

"We'll you've seen me, so stop. I don't like being chased." She's angry with me.

"I'm not chasing you." I clench my teeth.

"Following, finding, then battling someone qualifies as chasing. I dealt with that enough on Jakku." She pauses and seems like she's going to contuine, but doesn't. She looks down at her feet, so I look away

"I'm sorry." I say barely whispering. I look up and she's gone. I don't know if she woke up or went to a different dream. I still sense her nearby, but it's best if I stay here probably.

Why a meadow anyways? Why not the beach, so she can see her ocean. Maybe that's where she went.

Rey's POV
I'm sorry. I hear Kylo in my mind. Did we just meet up in our dream?

I slowly open my eyes. Turning my head away from the black figure holding me. I peer out the opening of what looks like an abandon hangar. It's damp and wet with the sun rising for a new day.

I pull the strangers arms from my waist and legs. I free myself and decide it's time to see who it is.

Kylo Ren.

I do not remember ever letting Kylo Ren, especially him of all people, get that close to me unless restraints were involved

What happened? Why can't I remember what happened last night.

I sense him begining to awaken. I panic and run out of the abandon structure.

Luke?! Can you hear me? No response. I run into the woods.

Scavenger, where did you go? That's not Luke. Kylo's awake...

Kylo's POV
I wake and she's gone, where did she go? I look around and stand up.

Scavenger, where did you go?

Away from you. I roll my eyes. I figured that much

We need to work together. I don't want to fight you. We seriously do, so we can both get off Yavin 4, this planet has been abandon and I'm pretty sure no one comes here a lot, if at all.

Why am I here? She sounds worried, as if I brought her here.

You came here to talk to me.

No, I was with Luke last I remember.

You hit your head, come back. Let me help you.

No.

Scavenger, you need medical aid. I pick up the first aid kit and start heading out of the hangar. She couldn't have gotten far.

My name isn't Scavenger, Kylo Ren. She does have a slight leg up on me since she knows my name and I only know her past occupation and that she's a force user, most likely jedi now.

What's your name then?

Catch me and I'll tell you my name. Is she really getting cocky about her hiding skills?

And get medical attention.

Fine.

Ready or not, here I come. I smirk and begin my search.