XXVI

Dani.

I sat in the emergency room staring at his blood on my hands and arms. I can't believe my brother did this!

Why does all of this bad shit keep happening?! Would it better if I did just leave Chris alone?

He got stabbed, I got raped, and now he gets shot! What's going to happen next. I don't think I can take anymore.

"Danielle!"

I looked up and Chris's mom walked over to me.

"Where my baby?!" She asked.

"He's in surgery. I'm so sorry." The tears just ran down my face.

She grabbed me and hugged me.

"Are you okay?"

I shook my head no.

She rubbed my hair.

"This is all my fault. He keeps getting hurt because of me."

"It's not your fault sweetie. Some people just need to be in control of things. You didn't know he would take it this far." She wiped my tears.

"I can't believe this happened."

"Me either but he's gonna be okay." She hugged me tighter. "Let's go wash this blood off of your hands."

She helped me stand and we walked to the bathroom.

After she helped me clean myself up we went and sat back down. I pulled out my phone and started looking at pictures of him.

I decided to put one up on Instagram

@DaniK I kept taking pictures of him on our way to Virginia

@DaniK I kept taking pictures of him on our way to Virginia. He got an attitude 😂 #LoveHim #Daddy 😛😝

I just want him to be okay! I don't want to lose him.

"Danielle, your mom dad and sister are here." Joyce said.

They all walked over to me.

"Joyce I wanna apologize for what my son did to Chris. I don't know what his issue is. He went over board trying to protect his sister. This shouldn't have happened." My dad said.

"Thank you, I really appreciate it." She responded.

"How is he?" My mom asked.

"We don't know. The doctor hasn't came out." Joyce said.

"I just want him to be okay." I said.

"Where did Trent go when he left?" My dad asked.

"I don't know and I don't care. He's dead to me! What is wrong with him? He did not have to shoot him!" I yelled.