XLII

Chris.

3 Months Later.

I had just left my last session at that rehab and I've never been so happy in my life. That shit was honestly making me depressed. All these sad stories and shit and having to reveal some deep dark secrets.

That shit make you wanna do drugs.

But anyway I finished the program and that's all that matter to me. So I decided to go surprise Dani at work and take her out to lunch.

She's been complaining about how she thinks her manager doesn't really care for her. Even after the doctor told them to lighten her work load they still make her do a lot of work.

This old hag is putting my girl and son's life in danger so I guess Ima have to check that bitch while I'm there.

I wish Dani would just quit! She know I'll take care of her.

I walked up to the desk and this young chick was sitting there on the computer.

"Excuse me." I said while leaning on the desk.

She sucked her teeth, then she looked up and when she saw my face and the diamonds on my neck and wrist her attitude changed.

"Hi, how can I help you?" She smiled.

"I'm here to see Danielle Khan, do you know where she is?"

"You must be her brother."

"I'm her boyfriend actually."

Her attitude came back.

"The pregnant chick?"

This trick wanna get smacked.

"Yeah."

"Oh, she's busy right now you might have to come back."

"Naw I think I'll wait right here."

"You can't sit there unless you're seeing a patient."

"Watch me." I sat in the chairs in front of her.

She huffed and puffed and got up.

I pulled my phone out and started scrolling through Instagram. I've been looking for ideas for the nursery. I wanna surprise Dani. That's something else she's been stressing about since he'll be here in 2 months.

I was looking at this interior designer page when somebody cleared their throat.

I looked up. This old lady was standing in front of me.

"Are you here to see a patient sir?" She asked.

"No im here to see Danielle."

"And who might you be?"

"Her boyfriend."

"Quan?"

"Excuse me?"

"I saw her talking to a Quan the other day. They looked like a couple."

"So if you know what he looks like why would you think I was him?"

"I was just asking."

"Man where is she?"

"She's doing rounds and I'm getting ready to give her more work to do."