Chapter 24: slave

Are you out of your mind?! I scowled Amos mentally.

Shush. And with that, I was closed off from Amos's' mind.

It was chilling actually. Like a little piece of me was dunked in liquid nitrogen. I kept banging on the mental door that shut me out from Amos, but nobody answered. I felt so...empty.

"As much as I believe that you'll come peacefully, I'm going to insure your cooperation." I couldn't see it, but I was sure that Jericho was smirking. What is it that that creep has in mind? I felt that almost clammy feel of his darkness on my wrists. Oh. "Ill be taking your little pet and holding her hostage. If you don't want her harmed, be a good little prince." His darkness jerked me up into a standing position.

"You know Jericho, why don't you take us there now? Why wait?" Amos had a point.

"Well, brother, I used up a lot of stamina bringing you two out of that car alive. Not to mention that I had to use my darkness so that no one would intervene. So, I am tired. A few days rest and some nutrition, and I'll be good as new."

I was feeling really warm, and cold at the same time. I began shivering where I stood. This caused Amos and Jericho to look at me.

"What is wrong with your servant?" Jericho's sounded confused.

"Feel her forehead." Was I sick? Did I catch Amos's cold?

"And why would I soil my hands touching your garbage." Without thinking I kicked him in the shin.

He yelled out in pain and looked daggers at me.

"You're so mean. You deserved it." Laughter started ringing in my ears. I looked over to see Amos laughing hysterically.

"I think I'll keep my garbage." Jericho's face darkened. He turned to leave and his darkness made me follow him. He was very ruff when he threw me into what seemed like a closet.

My butt hit the floor, hard. He slammed the door and locked it. His darkness didn't leave my wrists.

"You have that same annoying spark." His voice was muffled by the door, but I still heard him. I went to ask him what he meant, but he left.

"What a jerk." The darkness tightened around my wrists. "Watching my eh? Not so subtle." Then it pricked me! I flinched in pain. It didn't hurt that much, but it still stung. "Now you're just being rude." At last, nothing happened.

May? May, are you ok? The door had opened again, and I had a few choice words for him.

Don't you ever do that again! At least I felt better. Wonder why I felt so bad in the first place? It must have been my psyche feeling abandoned.

I'm sorry. Geez, but I can't have Jericho reading your mind.

So...you're not going to tell me why you agreed to go with that psycho creep?

Nope. I wanted to grab my hair in rage, but my arms were bound.

Fine. Fine. It's fine, I guess. Can you somehow get your brother to get these shackles off of me? I was still a little annoyed.

Shackles? He either likes you, or hates you. I could hear him mentally laughing.

Yeah, yeah, laugh it up. I hope he hates me,  because I am hating him and his freaking darkness, binding me up like this, I mean honestly. I could feel my brows knit together in anger.

Not many can call a dark prince a creep and live to tell the tale. Shh, he's coming. I pouted.

Suddenly, my door opened. I though Amos meant that he was coming on his end. I must be closer to Amos than I thought.