Night Time Troubles

Jack's view
I was so happy I was finally going to marry the one I loved! But at the moment, we had a bigger responsibility. Being parents.

Mark and I passed out in bed with our clothes on. Sammy had a cold and had been especially whiney today... I was finally...drifting off...Zzzzzzzzzzzzz......

"WAHHHHHHHH!!!" I shot up. Sammy was crying. I groaned "Sammy! Please, I need to sleeppppp!" Mark shot up to "I'll- uh- hmmmmm... take care of... Tam?" I corrected him "Flam, I'm pretty sure..." Mark snapped his fingers "S-S-Sam!!"

We both got up. I feel on my face and Mark pulled me up "Can you get t-the bottle Jack?" I nodded "Bopper Dopper..."

I ran to the fridge. I couldn't open in. So I slammed my face on it "FELIX!!!!!!" "WHAT JACK!?IT'S 3:00 IN THE MORNING!!" "THE FRIDGE IS BROKEN!!!"

Felix ran in the kitchen "What's wrong?" I sighed "Damn fridge won't open!" Felix raised an eyebrow "Show me." I tried to open it.

Felix laughed "You moron, you can't open a fridge with your face!" I gasped "Wow. Teach?" Felix blinked. Then he walked to the fridge. He wouldn't take his eyes off me. He opened it. Then left.

I grabbed a bottle. I some how managed to put in the bottle and not burn the house down. I walked in with the bottle. Mark was pointing at the crib "Jack? Which one is Sammy?"

I glanced in the crib. Sammy was laying next to a teddybear. I poked Mark "You really can't tell our daughter and a bear apart?" Marks eyes widened "Sorry! I don't have my glasses.. I think?"

I laughed. Sammy watched us with big eyes. She started whimpering. My motherl- I guess fatherly- instincts kicked in.

I reached down and scooped her up. She gurgled and grabbed at my pajamas. I hummed quietly. Mark joined in. I began to sing Sammys favorite song:

Deep in the meadow, under the willow.
A bed of grass, a soft green pillow.
Lay down your head, and close your eyes.
And when they open, the sun will rise.
Here it's safe, and here it's warm.
Here the daisies guard you from every harm.
Here your dreams are sweet, and tomorrow brings them true.
Here is the place where I love you.
Deep in the meadow, hidden far away.
A cloak of green, a moon beam ray.
Forget your woes, and let your troubles lay.
And when again it's morning, they'll wash away.
Here it's safe, and here it's warm.
Here the daisies guard you from every harm.
Here your dreams are sweet, and tomorrow brings them true.
Here is the place where I love you...

Sammys eyelids drooped. She yawned and finally drifted to sleep. She was so cute. I put her back in her crib.

I leaned my head on Mark's shoulder. He put his arm around me. I was happy. Mark was happy. I felt myself drifting to sleep..