Keeping Secrets

*Chapter contains self harm. Please read at your own risk.
Jack's view
Mark was letting me go to school part-time so I could catch up. Going to school was tough. I always missed Mark and Sammy. Especially after the accident.

I was constantly called in to see the school therapists. I tried to convince them it was an accident. They didn't believe me.

Ever since I had found out I was pregnant they watched me. I had also tried to tell them my baby wasn't an accident. They,of course, didn't believe me. My philosophy is a baby is no accident if both parent's wanted it.

They had found out I lived with Mark. After the accident they suspected Mark had abused me. They had searched our house. They didn't find anything, thank God.

But they kept nagging. Especially after they saw the engagement ring on my finger. They tried to tell me I was to young and it was puppy love "Mark's just pulling you into a trap. Don't marry him, your too young!"
I snapped back "It's not puppy love! I really love him, our daughter is proof!"

Kids constantly stared and whispered about me. Most of the time it was stuff like "Psssht! You know that Sean kid? He fucked Mark! They even have a kid! What a whore!" Or "Look at his face, what happened?" "I heard his boyfriend beat him up!" Now most of the time it was "He's got an engagement ring on his finger? I bet it's fake!"

But a group of kids really got me good. I was outside, reading a book. It was a how-to-raise-your-daughter-if-both-parents-are-men books, but I put a cover on it that said Math Equations.

Well, I was standing there, minding my own business when posse of jocks ran to me. I glanced up at them, not giving a shit. I was on a good chapter, what to do when your daughter gets her period. Useful stuff.

One of them slapped the book out of my hand. I sighed as it hit the ground "What do you want?" He grabbed the collar of my shirt and pulled me close to him. I raised an eyebrow. After what Mark did to me, I wasn't phased.

"Your a fat little whore. A pig! Fat, fat, fat!" A crowd had gathered and now chanted along. That was the one thing that phased me. Being called fat. After Sammy was born, I went to the gym in my freetime. By now I was skinnier then before Sammy.

I slipped out of his grasp and ran. They kept chanting. I wiped away tears. Mark had taken Sammy out shopping. I glanced in mirror. Maybe I was fat...

Mark's view
I picked up two different brand teething snacks for Sammy. She sat in the cart, spitting and drooling. She was definitely Jack's girl. She was only around a month old and could keep her head up.

I smiled at her "Ok Sammy, which do you want?" I held up both canisters. She put up both hands and waved them at me. I laughed "Ok, you can have both!" She gurgled at me.

She can't eat solid food yet, but we still get soft baby treats. Why? Because one day I left my bowl of cheerios to close to her and when I turned back to her she had the bowl on her head and was eating the cheerios.