Worse

Three months later
Marks view

I rolled over to look at Jack. He was sweating and whimpering. I shot up. I shook him until he woke up. I held him up. I put a hand on his forehead. He was burning up.

I got a thermometer and found he had a 107 degree fever. He was so weak all he could do was lay in bed shaking.

I quickly called the school to say he couldn't go to school. Suddenly I got an angry scream from the principal. I tried to argue, but I couldn't.

I woke up Jack again. He didn't whine. I helped him get up. Before he left, he wrapped his arms around me. I felt his baby bump and my heart melted. I put his head in my hands "Be careful ok? Please baby?" He nodded.

Sammy was starting to get up for preschool. She looked at me as she picked her bag. She looked out at the snow "Are you ok Sammy?" She nodded.

I dropped her off at the preschool "Have a good honeycomb!" She smiled at me.

Le time skip cause I'm lazy

Sammy liked to walk home. Her preschool wasn't far, and she liked the snow. Jack got home, looking worse.

"Where's Sam?"  "I don't know, she hasn't come home" The snow was falling faster "I have to find her.." Surprise struck me. Then anger "Jack! No! Your pregnant and very sick!" He looked at me "I don't care! You need to call the police! They'll believe you!"

He grabbed his coat and ran. I didn't get to say goodbye...

Jack's view

The snow was fierce and bitter. I had to find her. I was so cold.. I got dizzy... the only reason I kept going was I loved her to much.

I called over and over. I looked around. The snow storm was so bad I could barely see. In the distance I saw a shape...

"SAMMY!!!"  I ran as fast as I could. When I saw her I choked. Tears leaked down my face "Sammy..." Blood was splattered in the snow. Several stab wounds had soaked her chest. Her coat was torn, exposing her frail arms. Her eyes were wide open, tiny mouth open in a silent scream.

I kneel down and held her tight in my arms shaking and sobbing "Sammy? Sammy! Wake up!" "D-Daddy?" "Oh Sammy! Thank God! Yes baby?" She turned her head to look at the sky. A tear slipped down her face "Can you sing me a song?" I trembled "Yes baby, anything for you."

"Deep in the meadow, under the willow.
A bed of grass, a soft green pillow.
Lay down your head, and close your eyes.
And when they open, the sun will rise.
Here it's safe, and here it's warm.
Here the daisies guard you from every harm.
Here your dreams are sweet, and tomorrow brings them true.
Here is the place where I love you.
Deep in the meadow, hidden far away.
A cloak of green, a moon beam ray.
Forget your woes, and let your troubles lay.
And when again it's morning, they'll wash away.
Here it's safe, and here it's warm.
Here the daisies guard you from every harm.
Hre your dreams are sweet, and tomorrow brings them true.
Here is the place where I love you."

He let out and a sigh and closed her eyes. Her breathing stilled. I took off my coat. I didn't care how cold. I wrapped her in it.

The cold and my sickness took a hold of me and I knelled over. I couldn't travel or move.I held her close to me as I passed out. She was so cold. The only warm I felt was her blood draining out of her.