The End

Mark's view
I didn't think it would be over so fast. Just two weeks after my son, Tim had died. Why so soon? Why now.. of all times.. my father, my son, now... him? The one I loved most?

I was doing laundry in the living room. Everything was ordinary. Felix was happy and caring for Stefano,Sammy was cheering up, Jack was better, able to walk and now smiling.

Suddenly I heard a thump and Sammy screaming. I dropped a sock and ran in the kitchen. Sammy was backing up and Jack was laying face down. Sammy ran over and buried her face in my pant leg.

"P-Papa, D-Daddy started t-twitching and he f-fell!" Panic struck me "Go to Felix, Sam. Now!" She raced out. I scooped up Jack. He was limp and clammy in my arms.

I put him in the back seat and called the hospital. Panic and fear raced though me. I pulled up to hospital and several nurses with a stretcher took him from me.

three hours later

I sat in the seat. Would Jack be ok? I didn't know... It was getting dark now. The door nearest me opened. A doctor stepped out "Sir?"

I lifted me head "Yes?" He sighed and walked over to me "We've tried everything... we can't save him." The hair on my neck stood up "No,no,no!!! Can I see him!?" He nodded.

I ran in. Jack lay in a bed, surrounded by machines. He was barely breathing. He was pale with red circles under his eyes.

I ran to his side "Jack?" He turned his head and smiled a bit "H-Hey Markimoo..." His eyes turned dull "I guess I'm not going to be around much longer..."

I gasped, tears pricking my eye's "You can't die!! Jack, I need you! I can't live without you!" He feebly raised a hand to brush away a tear "I'm sorry, my love, I'm afraid I can no longer continue my journey with you."

I bit my lip "Mark, promise me-" He struggled to breathe "P-promise me.. you'll take care of S-Sammy... Don't hurt yourself. P-Please!"

"I promise." His heart monitor was dropping. A single tear fell down Jack's face "Thank you.. for everything... for being my best friend, boyfriend, husband and the father of my children... I l-love you... Mark..." I began to panic "Jack, wait! Don't leave me!"

The heart monitor droned on a single note ¨Jack? JACK!!!!!¨ Shock hit me like a bullet in the heart. He was dead.

Several nurses ran in. Two nurses helped me out of the room. A nurse said something to me, but I couldn't comprehend what was happening. Everything was blurry and all i could hear was ringing. Jack I'd dead... gone. I didn't notice doctors running in.

The tears welled in my eyes. I fell to my knees, sobbing. Why, why did he have to die? Why did he have to leave me...

I drove home, tears still dripping down my face. As I drove across the bridge, I though... I could end this.. but I promised Jack... Jack...

I finally got home. Felix saw me. He was crying "I-Is it true? Is he gone?" I nodded, staying silent. I walked into Sammy's room.

She was curled up, fast asleep "Sammy?" She raised her head. I keeled beside her "Sammy, Do you remember how sick daddy was?" She nodded "Honey, dad-daddy died tonight..."

Sammy's eyes widened, tears filling them. She let out a wail of grief and threw herself into my arms.

I held her close to me and we sobbed. I held her until her sobs to sniffles and her sniffles turned to silence.

I picked her up and set her in her bed. She reached over and grasped her Sam plushie.

As I looked at her, I knew, I would protect her at all costs. She was all I had left of Jack... My precious Samantha.