Fire

Mark's view
Jack was getting worse. Like really bad. He was having trouble standing. He was throwing up everything he ate.

I was also worried about the baby. Jack was getting no nutrients or exercise. But worst of all, the baby's heart was also weak. Doctors say it probably wouldn't survive.

I pretend my husband wasn't dieing of an unknown disease. Or my unborn child was dieing. Or my daughter had been stabbed and left to die in the snow.

I pretend everything was going to be fine. But was it? I don't know. Jack was also losing hope, Sammy was to. Her bright face was sad and lonely.

How can things get any worse? They can and they did...

It was an ordinary night. Until I smelled it. Smoke. I shot up. Fire was consuming our room. I scooped up Jack and ran. A board crashed down on my foot, breaking it. I hobbled outside. I stopped on the lawn. Felix, Cry and Stephano were also on the lawn.

Suddenly Jack got up "Jack, what are you doing?" He stared at the burning house "I need to get Sammy. Your hurt. I'm dying anyways." I watched In horror as he charged into the burning building.

Jack's view

I coughed as I dropped to my knees and began to crawl. Which was very difficult when your seven months pregnant.

I got the her room. The door handle was red hot burning, but there was no I way had enough strength to kick it open.

Without hesitation I gripped the door and turned it. I howled. It felt like my very flesh was melting. I flung the door open.

Sammy had less spirit then I did. She was sitting on her bed, silently crying. I ran in and scooped her up. I raced out her door. Flames licked at my feet.

I didn't care how hot the heat was. I had to get out. I saw the door. I was so close-
A huge burning piece of wood crashed on me.

I crawled out from it. I looked at Sammy's face, covered in burns. Mark sprinted forward and pulled me out of the door frame before it collapsed.

He pulled Sammy and I close to him as we stared the burning wreckage that was once our home...