Maybe Baby

Mark's view

Jack being overdue kept everyone on edge. We had no way to tell when he'd have the baby. Felix was constantly drunk, after Cry left.

I drove Sammy and Stefano to school and picked them up. I felt bad for them. They were too young for so much responsibility.

When I woke up one morning Jack was tossing and turning. I gently shook him awake. His eye's had terror in them "Mark, I think today's the day"

I began to freak a bit. I put the overnight bags in the car and arranged to have Sammy and Stefano, I didn't trust them with Felix, to go to a babysitter.

I got  home from dropping off the kids. Jack was pacing and whimpering. I went over to him and rubbed his back. He rested his head on my shoulder and sighed. I attempted to comfort him " I know its been tough baby, but well make it. I know we will." He murmured softly "I want to keep myself busy until it happens. I'll do landrey."

Jack's view

I rubbed my belly as I set down a towel. I winced at another ping of pain hit me. I wanted to go to the hospital, but the doctor said not until my water broke.

The pain was slowly getting worse. I reminded myself to breathe. I wanted to go to Mark.  I set down a shirt. I got to the doorframe before I felt it.

A wave of pain then I felt warm wetness between my legs. But something was wrong. Instead of contractions, the pain was continued. It consumed my body and never ended. 

I cried to Mark. He didn't hear me. The pain was so bad I couldn't stand and I feel on my knees "MARK!!!" He ran over. His eyes widened and he scooped me up. Was this the last thing I would feel? Pain?

Marks view 

As I put Jack in the back seat, I knew something was wrong. I feared for Jacks life. He lay curled up, his arms wrapped around his belly.

I stepped on the gas and attempted to sooth Jack "It's ok baby, your o-" "IT FUCKING HURTS!!!" I closed my mouth, not wanting to anger him further.

I bit my lip as we ran into traffic "W-why did we stop?!" I gripped the steering wheel "We've run into traffic"

As I inched forward, Jack stayed silent. Just as I was calming down he screeched. Anger and panic hit me "JESUS JACK!!!!"

I looked back. Jack was curled in a puddle of blood. His crying was had turned to wailing "IT HURTS MARK, IT REALLY HURTS!"

Fear flooded me. Finally the traffic cleared and I stepped on it. We got to the hospital. I jumped out and scooped Jack up. He whimpered and panted.

I ran in and a nurse raced over. She called over more and they put Jack in a wheelchair. I briskly paced behind Jack as I explained to the nurse.

We went into a room. The nurse turned to me "We need to do tests on him. Will you stay and comfort him?"

I nodded and sat in the chair next to Jack. He squeezed my hand. I though it was breaking. Fear turned to panic as his grip got weaker.

Several doctor's crowed Jack. A nurse motioned to me. Jack whimpered as I stepped away. I walked to the nurse

"Can't you do a C-Section?" She shook her head "Why not?!" She took a deep breath "Because he's so sick, he's at to much of a risk of getting an infection if we cut him open." I whimpered "Epidural?" She shook her head at that to. She put a hand on my shoulder "You need to comfort him. He's going to be in hell for the next day or two." I nodded.

A doctor near Jack motioned to me so I could sit with Jack again. He practically ran over. I held his hand. He was to weak to scream now, all he could do was whimper.

He didn't take his eye's off me. I murmured to him "I won't leave you Jack. Ok?" He gave half a nod.

Jack was in labour 15 hours. Two to push the baby out. I didn't leave his side. When the baby came out, we heard no sound. But we had a son. Tim

A nurse cleaned him and walked in. Tim had Sammy's shade of hair, but my dark skin. I looked at the nurse's face.

My heart seemed to stop when I noticed the nurse was crying. But they were not happy tears. Jack looked at Tim.

Tim was dying in Jacks arms.