Grief

Mark's view

I slowly opened the bedroom door "Jack?" No response. I sat next to him. He rolled over and looked at me. I tried not to flinch. He had dark bags under his eyes. He was pale, and unbelievable skinny.

He gripped my hand "Can we see him today?" I nodded and went to check on Sammy. She was currently not speaking to Jack and I. Because she knew and we didn't listen "Sammy, daddy wants to go today."

She nodded and went to the car. Jack was sitting on the edge of the bed. He stood up and swayed before I caught him. He was silent. I helped his get into the car.

He was taking Tim's death harder then any of us. He though it was his fault. The snow, fire and sickness had weakened him, but not as bad as this.

We pulled up in the parking lot. I held Jack's hand as we walked, Sam trailing behind us. Jack keeled down before Tim's grave, I did the same.

We talked for a bit, then I stood up. Jack murmured something "I'll be with you soon..." I bit my lip. What if he was happy again... maybe he'd be ok?

I though of an idea. We got home. Jack was going back to bed, but I gently took his wrist "Jack wait... what if I...What if you have another baby?"

His dull eyes brightened for a second, before dulling again "Mark... I-I don't know... I'm so sick-" "Please," I begged, "All I want to do is make you happy."

He nodded, a faint smile played on his lips. We got in the car, Felix was watching Sam and Stefano, to go to the doctors.

I sat in the chair, trying not to scream "Jack, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make it wors-" "Its fine Mark..." I looked down. The doctor had told us Jack could not longer have babies. The sickness had destroyed all the eggs in his body.

I had made it worse. His time clock had been ticking, now it was almost stopped. Because of me.