Chapter 20

Thank you guys so much for 2k reads.

Erin's pov.

I an sitting at my desk filling out the paperwork from last night's case when i get to the part where i have to write about everything that happened to me last night.

I can't handle this. I jump up from my chair almost running as i pass Jay's desk on the way to the locker room.

I sit down on the bench across from my locker. I just need to take a break. I dont want to relive anything that happened last night. I almost died. Almost ruined my life. Jays life. How could I have been so stupid. It was all my fault.

Just then Jay walks into the locker room.

"Erin are you in here?" He asks as he walks farther in.

"Hey." He says as he sees me and sits down beside me.

"Are you alright" He says as he puts his arm around me pulling me in closer.

"Um. Ya I'm alright. I just need a minute."

"Erin you know you can talk to me right?"

"Ya. Um. I'm not sure if I can do this Jay. It's- it's just..." I say as tears start to stream down my face.

"Hey Er. It's alright. He can't hurt you anymore. Ok."

"Ya." I sigh.

"Hey I only have about five minutes left of my paperwork. Why don't you calm down a bit then when I finish my paperwork I will grab yours and I will help you fill it out in here. Then we will go home. Ok?" He says as he pulls me closer and places a kiss on the top of my head.

All I can do is nod my head against his chest. He then stands up and kneels down in front of me.

"Er your fine. I will be right back alright." He says lifting my chin so I am looking him in the eyes.

He stands up and kisses me on the forehead before walking out of the locker room back out to the bullpen.

About 10 minutes later Jay comes back with my stack of paperwork in his hands. He comes back and sits beside me on the bench.

"OK Er. We are going to get through this ok. I will ask you the questions and all you need to do is answer. I promise that saying all this out loud is going to help you put it behind you." He said putting his hand on my shoulder.

After another few hours we finaly got the paperwork done. It was hard and we had to take alot of breaks so I could calm down. I'm just so glad that Jay was there to help me.

Thinking back on it now I'm not really sure why I made such a big deal about it. Yes I almost died and I could have left Jay all alone. But the thing is I didn't. I'm still here. Jay is still Here. And we are alright.

"Jay thank you so much. I'm sorry I have been so distant. I overreacted a little. I was just scared of leaving you all alone."

"Er it's OK. We are both ok. Why don't we go home and get some rest. We can pick up some dinner on the way home."

"Alright"

With that we both stood up and walked out of the locker room. Jay had his arm protectively around me as we walk down the stairs and out the door to the car.

"What do you think your doing" I say as we get to the car and Jay starts getting into the driver's seat.

"Getting in the car." Jay replies.

"Um that's my seat." I say

"There's my Erin. I guess your feeling better aren't you."

"Ya and I'm driving. What are we getting for supper."