▶07◀

Cas woke up the next morning with a big yawn. He looked over at his alarm clock and groaned when he realized he had woken up an hour earlier than he needed.

He took this extra hour to get dressed and go on a quick run to clear his thoughts. He grabbed his phone and earbuds, then left the house. He took off jogging up the sidewalk, music loud, and thoughts running wild.

I need to stop thinking about this Sam situation and start thinking about math... I can't fail that. And I don't want a fucking tutor. They porbably wouldn't help me anyway- Is that Taylor Swift? Ugh, skip. I don't even see the point of math. We have computers to do our work.

Cas jogged for about 30 minutes before he headed home. About halfway, he stopped jogging and started walking instead. He was looking at his phone as he walked, not paying attention to what was in front of him.

He suddenly slammed into someone and almost fell backwards, but a hand caught his forearm and pulled him upright. "I'm so sorry-" His eyes widened slightly when he realized who was standing in front of him.

"Pay attention to where you're going," Sam muttered before running past him.

Cas' mouth was slightly agape. Sam had just helped him. The world is ending, he thought before he continued home.

When he got there, he immediately went and took a shower. He washed his hair as well, knowing that it was probably sweaty.

He got out 10 minutes later and dried off, leaving his hair damp. He dressed in his usual jeans and shirt, but also decided to put on his trench coat. He walked downstairs and fixed himself a bowl of cereal and a cup of coffee.

He ate his breakfast while going though his phone. When Gabriel came downstairs, Cas held up his bowl of just milk and Gabriel took it, then poured his own cereal into it.

That was how the two worked. Cas didn't drink milk, so instead if wasting the milk, Gabe used it for his own cereal.

Cas drank his coffee and Gabe started to talk.

"So, there's someone I want you to meet today."

"Is it the guy you were kissing yesterday?"

"You saw that?"

"Yup. While I was waiting for you."

Gabe blushed darkly. "Well, yeah. That's who I want you to meet."

"Where?" Cas asked, taking a sip of his drink.

"At... school?"

"No, you dumbass," he said with a roll of his eyes. "Where at school? Cafeteria, gym, where?"

"Oh! Well, he said that they have a spot under the bleachers that they sit at for lunch. So I'll stop by your locker and get you, then we'll go there."

"Alright." Cas looked at his cup, that was almost empty. He picked it up and chugged the rest. "Can we leave a little early? I wanna go to the band room."

"Sure bro. Wanna go now?"

"If it's fine with you."

"Yeah."

The two stood and placed their dishes in the sink. Cas went back upstairs and grabbed his guitar before hurrying back down. He met up with Gabe at the door, holding their booksacks. Together, they walked out the house and went to Gabe's car.

Cas put his guitar carefully in the backseat, then got in the passenger seat, holding their booksacks. "You better drive carefully."

Gabe laughed softly. "No brake checks, I promise."

Gabe was true to his word and didn't do any brake checks. He was pretty careful, surprisingly.

Cas hopped out and held his bag in his hand. He got the guitar and put it on his back. "Bye Gabe!" He called before he started to walk off.

"Don't forget at lunch!"

"I know!"

Cas hurried into the school and quickly made his way to the band room, not bothering to drop off his booksack in his locker.

He went into the band room and looked around, making sure no one was there before dropping his bag and holding his guitar in his hands. He sat on the nearest chair and started to strum the guitar, trying to think of a good song to play and sing.

"Ah," he said with a grin. He started to strum until he got the beat of the song. This would be fitting, since I just turned 18.

Cas started playing his guitar, making sure the beat was still good before singing.

"18, crazy, pulled up in your daddy's car. You wanna move in with me; guess we're off to a heavy start."

"Shoulda seen this coming; from a mile away. 18, crazy, I know what you want from me. I know what you want from me..."

"So if you wanna piss off your parents, date me to scare them; show them you're all grown up. If long hair and tattoos are what attract you, baby then you're in luck."

"And I know it's just a phase; you're not in love with me. You wanna piss off your parents baby. Piss off your parents, that's all right with me."

Cas sang and played until he got to the end of the guitar. Smiling, he looked up and saw someone staring at him from the other side of the door, but he couldn't make out who. The person noticed him and hurried away from the door, making him tilt his head in confusion.

He shrugged it off and continued to play until the bell rang, signaling first block. He put his guitar on a stand and hid it. Even if someone did find it, he knew that the band instructor wouldn't let it get hurt. She knew who it belonged to.

With that, he picked up his booksack and left the room, already ready to get this day over with.