▶18◀

Cas opened his eyes and glanced around, confused as to where he was. He sat up and rubbed his eyes, then noticed the sleeping man- child- moose next to him. That's when he remembered.

Lucifer is dead.

He covered his face woth his hands and started to quietly cry again. His big brother was dead because of a drunk driver. Motherfucker, he thought as he cried. I hope whoever did this fucking dies.

He didn't know how long he was crying for before he felt a pair of arms go around him. He lifted his head a tiny bit and saw Sam's profile. He sighed and sniffled, trying to stop crying.

The door opened softly and Dean's head poked in. He saw Cas crying and went into the room and over to the bed. He sat down and wrapped his arms around him.

The two brothers held the small Novak who cried heavily in their arms. They both knew what it was like to lose a member of the family and wanted to give him comfort.

Cas had finally stopped crying and wiped his eyes. "T-Thank you guys..."

Dean smiled at Cas. "You're welcome, Cas. I'm goin' make breakfast. I'll come get y'all when it's done." With that, he got up and left the room, shutting the door behind him.

Cas leaned into Sam's chest, feeling comfortable there. He sighed again and softly spoke. "Thank you for this, Sam...thank you for everything..."

"You're welcome, Cas. Like I told you, I know what you're going through."

Cas nodded and looked down at his lap. "I really thought he was going to make it," he whispered. "He seemed fine after you guys left..."

"Did they say..." Sam trailed off, not wanting to trigger anything.

Cas nodded, understanding what Sam was asking. "Internal bleeding and head trauma. He had broken ribs and one had punctured his lung, and was slowly filling with blood."

Cas felt the way Sam had stiffened slightly. "I'm sorry Cas," he whispered, softly stroking Cas' hair.

The two were quiet for a while, Sam still holding Cas. Sam looked down at him. "There's this party a friend of mine is throwing tonight. Do you want to go with me?"

"Sam...I don't know..."

"Please? It'll take your mind off of things."

"I-Ok...I'll go."

"You won't regret it, Cas. I promise."