▶14◀

Cas and Sam sat in the library, Cas strumming his guitar as softly as he could.

The two were the only one's in there at the moment, but he still felt as if he should be quiet.

He concentrated on playing the chords to Hey, Soul Sister, his favorite song. He would've sang, but he was always shy when singing in front of people that weren't his immediate family.

He felt Sam's eyes on him, but never made eye contact with him. He still felt bad about what had happen the day before. Sure, Sam had saved him a few minutes ago, but he was still worried about what Sam could and probably would do.

They both heard the library door open, then close. Cas immediately stopped playing, putting his hand on the strings to stop them. He quietly laid it down on the table and sighed softly.

Everything was quiet, making Cas chew on his bottom lip. Sam, I'm sorry," he suddenly blurted out.

He lifted his head a little, meeting Sam's eyes. "For what?" Sam asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Yesterday...when I slapped you...I acted out of anger and I'm really sorry for that."

Sam shrugged and shook his head. "I deserved it. I was being a dick."

Before Cas could respond, the bell rang, making him jump slightly. He looked over at his guitar and jumped up, realizing he has to go across the school to get to the band room. "Shit shit shit," he whispered, gathering his stuff.

"What?" Sam asked as he grabbed his own things.

"I gotta go put this in the band room, then make it back upstairs for my history class."

"Give it to me. I'll bring it."

"No, you'll be late-"

"I have gym. Mr. Roman doesn't care if we're late."

Cas nodded and handed Sam his guitar. "Thank you, Sam.."

"It's no problem, Cas." With that, Sam left the library.

Cas couldn't help but smile. His smile stayed on his face for the rest of the class.

The end of the day came and Cas sighed in happiness. His math test was over, Sam didn't kill him, and it was Friday. He waited by Gabriel's car, humming softly.

He saw the three come out of the school. He never understood how he was always beating them outside. Gabriel beckoned for him to go over, so he picked up his stuff and headed over.

"What's up?" He asked as he made it to them.

Dean smiled at him. "Hey Cas."

"Hi Dean," he replied with a smile.

"Hey bro. We're going do something today."

"You and Dean?"

"Yes. And you and Sam."

Cas furrowed his eyebrows. "What are we going do?"

"Just go to the park," Dean answers reassuringly.

"Eh, what the hell." Cas shrugged, agreeing to it.

The four got into Dean's car, Cas' placed gingerly into the clean trunk. Dean was in the driver's seat, claiming that he was the only one who could drive his baby, making his little brother roll his eyes. Gabe was in the passenger seat, Dean forcing him to sit there. Cas and Sam were in the backseat, quietly mocking their brothers without them noticing.

Cas figured that this trip would be...amusing to say the very least.