▶53◀

Sam held Cas as they sat on his bed. Cas told him about what happened and Sam comforted him.

"I-I heard two of the cops talking to each other and...and she said that it was rape, but...a woman can't rape a guy..." Cas whispered out.

Sam frowned. "Cas, answer these questions for me; did you like it?"

"No!"

"Did she force it on you?"

"Yes..."

"Did she have your consent?"

"No..."

"Then it was rape."

"But...but-"

"Listen, Cas. A woman can rape a man or woman just as man can rape a woman or man. I know you never really hear much about a woman raping a man, but it can and does happen."

"But, Sam, I'm bigger than her! And I...I just sat there and took it..."

"I'm bigger and stronger than my dad but I just sat there and took it."

Cas looked down at his lap, small tears falling from his eyes. Sam held his head and kissed his forehead.

"I know what you're going through, Cas. I know how you felt when it was happening. You felt small and weak and helpless, didn't you?" He felt Cas nod and continued talking. "I felt the same way. And you can't help it. No matter how big or stronger you are; how much of a man or woman you are, that's just your body's reaction to it. That maybe, just maybe, if you sat there and took it, it'd be over soon and you never have to think about it again."

Cas had started to cry into Sam's chest again, hiccuping and holding on to him.

"It hurts, I know it does, Cas," Sam started, his voice cracking a bit, "but you're strong. I know you're going to get past this. And I know it's going to be hard, but you will get past this. It's just another bump in the road..." A few of his own tears falling from his eyes.

Sam sat there, holding Cas until he calmed down. He didn't let him go until Cas pulled away and looked up at him. "Don't you...feel differently about me?"

"No, not at all," Sam said, kissing him on the lips. "You're still the same Cas that I know and love."

For the first time since the incident, Cas smiled. "I love you, Sam."

"I love you too, Cas."

"Can we rest?"

"Of course baby. We can do whatever to you want to do."

They got under the covers and curled up, their chests pressed together.

"Can we go out tonight?" Cas asked as he snuggled into Sam's chest and closed his eyes.

"Sure. Just you and me?"

"Yeah..."

"That's fine. We can go out and do whatever you want."

Cas smiled and relaxed as Sam wrapped his arms around him. "Thank you."

Sam pressed a soft kiss to his head. "You don't have to thank me. I'm just doing what any good boyfriend should do."

"You're an amazing boyfriend, Sam."

"You are too, Cas."

With that, they fell asleep, save, (and sound) in each other's arms.