▶29◀

Cas and Sam had been dating for a little over a month. Things had been going particularly well.

Until Cas brought up something that had been pissing him off lately.

"You never say anything about you or your life. I feel like I'm the only one that actually talks in this relationship."

Sam looked up from his science homework. "What?"

"You never talk about anything. I had to pretty much force you to talk to me about your mother! You never voluntarily say anything about you! It makes me feel like I'm the only one that's trying in this relationship!"

Sam felt his anger begin to grow. "Has it ever dawned on you that maybe I don't want to talk about my life because it's my life and it's fucking private?!"

"I TELL YOU THINGS I NEVER TELL MY OWN FAMILY!"

"I DON'T ASK YOU TO TELL ME ANYTHING! YOU CHOOSE TO!"

"BECAUSE I WANT TO SHOW YOU THAT I TRUST YOU! AND THAT YOU CAN TRUST ME! YOU NOT TELLING ME ANYTHING MAKES ME THINK THAT YOU DON'T TRUST ME AT ALL!"

"WELL MAYBE I DON'T TRUST YOU, CASTIEL!!"

Cas' eyes widened slightly and he flinched very, very subtly. Sam sighed and ran a hand down his face. "Cas-"

"No..leave me alone."

Sam watched as Cas stood up and walked out of Sam's room. "Cas, wait-!"

Cas ignored him and kept walking, shutting the door behind him. Sam ran a hand down his face again, feeling horrible for everything he said.

He reached for his phone after sitting in silence for a while. He dialed Cas' number and got his voicemail. He kept trying and trying to call him, but Cas never answered.

Sam dropped his head on to his book with a thud. I fucked up, badly...