Chapter 28

"She's fine mate" Niall tells me while we try to follow the ambulance as close as possible.

"You said yourself that she's gone Niall!" I'm shouting now.

"I meant that the ambulance had left with her you chop!" He yells back at me.

"Stop shouting at me!" Everybody has been yelling and screaming tonight. My head is pounding. It's as if my brain is swelling and my skull isn't big enough to contain it.

"Look they're pulling up here" Niall turns left with the ambulance and enters the hospital.

Before the car even stops I'm opening the door and running toward the big red van. The stupid lights make my head thud even more.

The paramedics pull her out of the van and begin to roll her into the hospital emergency service area. I catch up and see her lying there motionless. I watch as her eyes twitch slightly and her head falls to the right as her dry lips mumble something.

"Excuse me sir, can I help you?" A warm hand rests on my shoulder and stops me from walking with them.

"She... I..." I can't think.

"Hey. I'm Niall. I'm here with him, he's Tamaryn's boyfriend. He's the closest thing to family she has right now" Niall explains, laughing slightly at the end.

"Oh yes. I'll be needing her details soon and of course yours as well. You guys can just sit there while I get the forms ready." She smiles at us as if it's the best day of our lives.

I'm about to say something but Niall grabs my arm unexpectedly and yanks me back.

"Sit down. I'll go talk to her"

"You can't go talk to her without me. This is all my fault and I need to sort it out myself."

It's true, if it weren't for me listening to Louis, she wouldn't be here now. I should have listened to her when she begged me not to go tonight. Could I be the biggest moron on earth? Yes, yes I could be.

"Yeah" Niall answers the lady's question that I didn't hear.

"Could you two please complete these forms." She hands me the clipboard.

"We've called her parents to let them know what happened" She adds and with that vanishes from sight.

"Okay so let's check this out" Niall grabs the forms and sits down.

"They called her parents"

"What's your cell number again mate?"

"They called her parents!" I repeat.

"So? " Niall looks up at me.

I think back to Greg's words in the kitchen before Tammy and I left.

He's going to kill me when he gets here.

I remember his face when he told me that if anything happened to her that he'd hunt me down and butcher me. His face was dead serious until the butcher part. He quickly laughed and I shrugged the violent threat off with a chuckle.

"But I'm serious, I need ya t' look after her as best ya can lad. I can count on ya, yeah? "

I remember nodding while he laughed again, hand firmly gripping my shoulder. I laughed as well because of his contagious chuckle... stepping out of the kitchen into the garage where Tammy stood awkwardly by the car with her huge bag and Natalie's olives.

"Harry! Just come fill in the damn forms. " Niall pulls me out of my flashback.

"Uhm yeah okay"

I sit down and try and concentrate on the questions instead of Tammy and our fading future together.