Chapter 35

"Hay mom! " I hug my mom that I haven't seen in... forever.

Harry never showed up the next day as he had said. In fact I never heard from him again.

At first I was concerned so I tried to phone him and I went to his house a few times but he wasn't there.

Then I got angry. So I left a day early and I don't care.

"Where's Harry?" My mom searches the crowded airport behind me.

"Oh he couldn't make it. He's... helping his dad with a presentation in Ireland. " I'd thought about this on the flight so I had my lie thought through.

"Oh, well I'm sure I'll meet him sooner or later" She smiles and I can feel it make me a little stronger, a little braver, to actually follow through with my plan.

"Yeah." I answer looking down. Knowing that that will only happen a long time from now.

We walk to my mom's rental and I squeeze in my bags - that contain literary every single one of my possessions.

My mom talks most of the way while I text Olivia to tell her I left a day early and that I hate goodbyes so I had to go.

"So are you and this Harry boy serious?" My mom asks. Uhm..  Ahhh. My brain freezes.

"We were." It slips.

"We were serious about going to visit you in California but the accident..." I rattle my brain for more things to say.

"Well, when you go back and I go home you guys can talk about it again." Her smile fills the deep rips in my heart.

"Oh no. I'm going with you. I'm kinda moving back home. But I'm gonna find an apartment. I'm sure Dad will help me till I get a job. And I'm thinking of starting college, which of course you will help me with and then I can get a proper job and place to live, up in England of course"

I just made my mind up about that 3 seconds ago.

"Well you can't live with me in California for long. We're moving to Australia. " Oh God!  What the fuck?

"I'll stay in the beach house, with... Kyle" I didn't just bring up Kyle.

"Kyle?  You're so desperate to get out of England that you'll share a house with Kyle? " Her eyes are big and she's raised her voice at least 10 notches over the necessary volume.

"Yeah. I need to think about stuff. " I look at my hands in my lap. My phone lies in them and it's vibrating and I'm happy to see it's Harry. Even if I shouldn't be.

"Hello? " I answer.

"I've been looking all over for you. Where are you? I talked to Louis and him and I would like to meet with you. We need to tell you some... stuff. " Harry rants nervously.

"Can't I just Skype you later? " I'm kinda scared to tell him that I'm already in Germany.

" No. Wait where are you? "

"Munich" I say softly.

There's silence. A very long pause before a loud "Fuck" pours through the phone. Followed by smashing of glass and then the line goes dead.

I check my messages and Olivia replied.

*Oh. Okay. Harry's looking for you*

"Who was that? " My mom asks, curious.

"My friend Zayn. He's an artist at the gallery. He uses glass pieces in his art work so he was breaking some old plates" What the hell am I saying?

"Oh, that's nice. Do you have anymore friends?" She asks.

We carry on talking about my friends until we get to my dad's house. I'm thankful that Natalie isn't there anymore and as soon as I can I escape to me room and fall asleep.