Chapter 43

"So what you're saying is... my ex-best friend was engaged to my current boyfriend and none of them told me. " I ask Louis just to clarify.

"Yeah"

"But that one day she was at your house?" I think back to the day at Louis' house when Harry saw me in his PJ's.

"That's only because you invited her. We all felt so awkward" Louis explains looking straight into my eyes.

"Is there anything else you'd like to tell me seeing that we've started" I'm getting angry at the whole situation,  I mean I don't care that they were engaged I'm just mad that nobody cared enough to tell me.

"I'm planning to move out of London, probably back down to my mum's in Doncaster. If not there I'll stay in the house down in L.A. "

"Why?! We've just become friends!" I instantly whine.

"I have to get away from all the drama Tam. It's getting to much for me to handle. With my feelings for you and having to face Harry everyday, I'm drowning" I can't help but agree with the man. He's right, that's why I was here at my dad's. That's why I'm leaving to go to mum's tomorrow, which I should mention.

"I'm leaving tomorrow" I whisper sheepishly while twiddling my thumbs.

"Going back to London?" Louis turn to look at me.

"Well, I'm thinking of stopping off there for the weekend and then going to my mum's in California." I don't make eye contact because I can feel his eyes penetrating into my very being.

"And why are you going to California?" He slowly says as if to control his temper. Which doesn't make sense because I mean, why should he be angry?

"I don't know if I love Harry enough to give up my family for him" I lie, well I tell half the truth, I seriously don't know if I love Harry enough.

"Mmmm" Louis raises a brow.

"Who's going to look after your father that you're so worried about? "

"I'll talk to my aunt. She can stay here for a month or so until this thing is done. " I say knowing my aunt well enough to know that if I push the right buttons that she won't be able to say no.

"Okay."

Louis looks back at the T.V screen and we both realize that the movie is finished and Pascal is fast asleep holding both of our hands tightly in his.

"It must be late. I should go" Louis sighs and slides his hand out of the sleeping boys, who stirs slightly before flopping over onto the couch, allowing us to stand up.

"I'll walk you to the door. " I smile rubbing up and down my chilly arms.

"Thanks " Louis smiles and we walk slowly toward the door and we both know that I want him to stay and that he doesn't actually want to go.

"Come tomorrow, please " I ask when the door is closed behind us.

"Sure, but I'm actually going home too. Need to sort of things before I leave" Louis inhales the fresh air and looks straight ahead as if he can see London from here.

"Okay I'll see you there then I guess. In London I mean." I stick on a smile but it peels off before I can even make it look real.

"Yeah"

And once again all that's going through my mind is that this is the real Louis,  the Louis I want around forever, the type of guy I need.

And then suddenly... in the heat of the moment, heart beating fast, throat tight, palms sweaty and cheeks blushing, we stand on the porch and my fingers slide into his brown hair as our lips touch and like a match to a flame an explosion of emotion blasts through me.

As Louis hugs his arms around me and pulls me closer into him I can feel electricity surging through me, making me pull on his hair a tiny bit and hearing him moan slightly as I repeat the action.

"Tammy! " I hear my father call. He would kill me if he saw me cheating on my boyfriend. Whoa!  I'm cheating on Harry... Shit! 

We let go of each other and instantly my body begins to ache for his as he takes a few more steps away from me.

"Okay, uhmm.. so.. I'll see, uh,  you tomorrow, hopefully. " Louis stutters and all I can do is stand there, motionless.

"Yeah" I whisper, blinking erratically trying to clear my head.

Louis licks his lips and closes his eyes for a second, also trying to regain rational thought. I know he felt it too, he had to have.

"Bye" I say turning towards the house in which my father is still yelling my name.

"Bye" he smiles softly and walks off to his rental car, gets in and immediately reverses down the driveway.

"Yeah Dad?" I yell back opening the door still dizzy from that sweet moment. Trying to remember who kissed who first.