Chapter 53

My phone rings just as I'm finished dressing. I search but quickly realize I left it in the kitchen and before I know it Harry is answering the call.

"Why the fuck are you calling her?...Well she's perfectly fine, especially seeing that I'm here...You know what fuck you Louis...Same to you" He ends the call and I stand watching him. I seem to watch him a lot.

"Come. You said we needed to talk so talk" I motion towards the couch where I sit down in the far corner, careful not to let him too close to me.

"About Jade, I mean the girl you saw me with. That was nothing, she's just a..."

I interrupt before he can call her "just a friend".

"Harry I know exactly who she is" I look at him as his face turns in disbelief.

"Harry, I'm sorry for cheating on you. I never planned for any of this to happen.And I'm sure you think something was going on with Louis and I during our relationship but there wasn't anything at all. I think I was just in a tough spot and he was the only one there and... Have you ever heard of the Superhero Syndrome?" I ask.

Harry shakes his head and moves a bit closer to me for some reason.

"It's when someone comes into your life and helps you out and you think your in love with them when your just extremely grateful for them being there when nobody else was. That's what happened with Louis." I sort of lie. Its more of a half truth,  that did sort of happen but there was really a connection.

Harry looks down, I try my best to read his body language as a clue to how he's taking the news. But I can't see his eyes so it's pointless to try when I can't access the door to his soul, they say the eyes are the door to the soul. That is extremely true especially when it comes to Harry Styles.

"Harry?" I whisper.

Before I can blink his lips are on mine. Our lips move in sinc and slowly he comes closer and closer and tries to get me to lie down but I put my palms on his muscular chest and push. He takes the gesture in the wrong way and pushes harder against me. I push harder and he moves away.

"Harry. What are you trying to do here? I'm not going to make you forget her." I wipe my sleeve across my mouth removing the memory of his emotionless lips pressing against mine.

"I want to though. I want to forget her. I don't want to loose you. We were happy, don't you remember? I do love you Tammy but..." He can't finish his sentence.

"I understand how you feel. Loving her isn't exactly a choice for you." I look down.

"Exactly" We're on the same page.

"Friends?" I ask, closing my eyes and regretting that I said the word in the first place.

"Best friends" he smiles at me with his slightly skew grin and we shake hands on it.

"How about we do movies? " I smile back.

"There's no T.V" He nods towards the table were the T.V once stood.

"It's in the room" I scratch my head and we stare at each other for a while.

We decide we're to lazy to move the T.V back to the living room and the couch is to uncomfortable anyways so we make popcorn, choose some old movies and lie on my bed and watch. I being to drift off during the second movie. And before I can say goodnight I'm out.