Chapter 2

Carter's POV

Jace called me in the middle of my lecture at 2:20 PM. I knew something must've happened because Jace or Jazz don't usually call me while I'm in class. I leave my third year neuroscience lecture to answer the phone, "Hello."

"We have a problem." Jace answered

"Details."

"It's Jazz. I just heard that a crazy bastard by the name Carlos tried to kiss her. I am going over there RIGHT NOW." he said getting angry.

"First of all, calm down. Control the anger Jace, the last thing I need right now is you shifting in public. Secondly, don't leave just yet, I'll pick you up from school. I'm leaving now so I'll be there soon. We'll go there together."

"Hurry up, bye" and he hung up.

I got to my car and drove towards Jace's highschool. We drove to Jazz's school and he gave me the rest of the details he knew on our way. I needed to talk to my sister before I judge so we waited for her school to end. When she saw us, she seemed worried. As she walked to us Jace was about to start questioning her but I signaled him to stop. When Jazz came she immediately started speaking, "I'm soo sorry but I have good reason... I can explain..." 

"Baby I'll hear everything you have to say and before you say it let me just clarify that I'm not mad at you... yet" I winked and hugged her. 

"wait, I'm not in trouble? I thought... you asked me to keep it low profile and... well, I blew it so... I..." 

Jace jumped in "I just need his full name"

Jazz looked very confused but she managed to pull it together and said, "there's no need to get so worked up. I am absolutely fine." 

A guy yelled 'Carlos' and another guy with ice-pack in his hands turned.

Jace saw this too and looked at me. I knew exactly what he wanted to do. I nodded and added "keep it clean"

"You can't be serious! No, please, just listen to me..." before she could finish Jace was gone.

"Please stop him, I don't want to put you guys in any trouble. I've created enough of a mess anyways." she said looking down.

"Look here sweetheart, just because I need you to keep a low profile doesn't mean you can't self defend. I promise you this isn't too bad. Dad won't be able to locate any of us just because of this small incident. Jace and I just came here because we wanted to make sure you were alright... and also that bastard needed to learn some manners so Jace will teach him. But seriously, relax and tell me exactly what happened."

She looked at me with her now fearless blue eyes, identical to those my mother had. She told me everything and surprisingly it matched exactly to what Jace had told me. I must say, for a school he never attended, his network was pretty strong. By the time she finished telling me, Jace was back.

"Well that was fast! I hope everything went ok" I said.

"Yeah, I got my message across and left no visible marks either... kept it clean like you asked." He smirked.

Jazz rolled her eyes and said "Can we please go home?"  

We all sat down in the car and went home. I was still worried a little. Maybe I'll just do a quick parameter check after getting home.