Chapter 28

Jasmine's POV

I was ready to put up a fight when it started raining and I looked at his eyes. He was staring right back at mine. Those eyes... those green eyes... they look like spring after a cold winter... so familiar... could it be...?

Before I could think any further, all three of my brothers were in front of me. Jake jumped at him and I found myself wanting to defend him. 

"NOOO" I screamed as loud as I could and in the next second, every inch of my body was in pain. It felt like a million needles were poking me while I was on fire. I saw Jake look back along with Jace and Max who were staring at me with wide eyes. I saw the green eyed wolf run away and then I crashed on the ground in relief. It wasn't till I crashed that I realized... I had phased!

In the next min. all 3 of them were in their human form and Max asked Jace and Jake to go after the rogue. I was in too much pain to even move. 

Jace: "No way, she is my priority."

Max: "Mine too but we need that rogue. I am here with her. Please, don't argue, just go."

Jake was pulling Jace's arm and than I stopped hearing both of them. I hoped they wouldn't catch him... and if they did, they wouldn't hurt him. I was lying there on the forest floor with rain pouring over my body.

Max: "Alright sweety, I'm here. Take deep breaths. Deep breath in...." he breathed in and breathed out "and deep breath out." "Jazzy, this won't last forever. I promise... just bear with me here... Deep breaths... that's all you got to do."

After what seemed like an eternity of pain, it starter washing off. I was alright. I stood up, still in my wolf body. 

Max: "Alright... we're ok... will you be able to walk?" he was saying but I started running in the direction of the green eyed wolf. All I heard was max yell my name before he phased and chased after me. He caught upto me pretty soon as I was exhausted from the shift. I still ran... I needed to make sure those green eyes were safe so I tried getting past him but he didn't let me go any further. He stood in front of me with angry eyes. Before I knew it, I was on the floor again. He phased to human again.

Max: "What the hell do you think you're doing? You're not strong enough to go running like that." he took a deep breath. "We'll talk about that later. Right now, I need you to follow me home. Can you walk atall?" I got up but I felt really weak. With his support, we reached home and he went in the house to get some clothes for me. 

Max: "I need you to focus on the center of your body. Where you felt the fire start. Focus there and try to pull yourself within that ball of fire." He was pointing at a spot in the lower abdomin. I did what he said and I phased back to human. He had already turned around before I phased back. I put the clothes on.

"I'm alright." I said. He turned around and gave me a hug.

"So glad you're ok. Let's go inside... I need to call Carter and Kathy." Max said. We were about to walk in when I saw those green eyes. He was on the verge of passing out in his human form. His shoulder was bleeding, he was hurt. I felt terrible. My brothers hurt him because of me! Jace was carrying him on his back in his wolf phase and Jacob walked along in his human phase. Before I could take a better look at him, Max half-dragged me inside the house.