Chapter 48

Max's POV

I went back upstairs to check on Jazz. She was still sleeping. In next 10 minutes, Jace came back with Jacob. We were already running late. Chris gave me keys to his van. Jace carried Jazz to the van and I was driving us home.

Me: "Jacob... dude where did you disappear to?" Jacob didn't reply. 

Jace: "He was following Chatara. She left today. Alec is dropping her off. Alec caught Jake stalking them. He's been running around for no reason after that."

Me: "Jake! Is she...?"

Jacob: "I don't know! I just did what I felt like. I was making out with Jenny when I had the serious urge to phase so I left and started running. I could smell Chatara and I followed it. I don't know... I wanted to hold her here and I honestly considered doing so even against her will... that's not me! I've played many girls but never considered doing anything against their will. I was kind of aggressive towards Alec because of it too. I was running around to clear my head." 

We were driving in silence after that when Jazz woke up and started screaming.

Jazz: "Stop the car... stop the car!"

Me: "Why?" I said pulling over. She opened the door and puked. GREAT! After she was done we went home. We asked Jazz if she was ok. When she said she was fine, we entered the house to Carter and Kathy waiting. Jazz was more or less hidden behind us.

Carter: "What time is it guys?"

Jazz answered the question... by puking. Good going Jazz! Now none of us would ever see daylight again.

Carter: "Have you been drinking?"

What happened after that was unbelievable. Carter actually slapped Jazz. If it wasn't for Jake standing next to her, she would've fallen. She started crying.

Kathy: "Carter Damien Smith. How dare you?" She pushed Carter back and took Jasmine to the washroom. 

Carter was shaking in anger. He was getting red and that meant he could shift any time.

Carter: "What the fuck is all this? Did you guys let her drink?" We just stared at each other. "Answer me when I'm asking you something." He shouted. I could tell Carter was going to snap soon... so I decided to speak.

Me: "Carter... she... chugged a glass. Please calm down."

Carter: "You tell me that my teenage sister has been drinking and puking her guts out at a party she went to with all 3 of you. How am I supposed to calm down?" his voice was progressively getting louder. "Have you guys been drinking too? Max, did you drink and drive?"

Me: "HELL NO! Jazz was the only one..." just then, Kathy and Jazz came out. Jasmine was scared shitless. She was actually trembling and on the verge of crying.

Carter was really angry. He went out the back door, phased and disappeared in the woods. I wanted to go after him but Kathy stopped me. She asked all of us to get to bed. 

The next morning, I didn't know what was going to happen on the breakfast table. Kathy and Jazz were in the kitchen when I got there. Jace and Jake came in soon after.

Jace asked quietly, "Kathy, where's Carter?"

Kathy: "He's asleep. He came in late last night." she replied.

Me: "How bad is the situation?"

Kathy: "He's very upset with all of you..." she was speaking when he came in.

Carter: "Upset, is an understatement." he walked in with a baseball bat. Everyone just started staring at their cereal bowls like it was the only thing left to see. I could sense Jazz's breathing getting uneven. Atleast Carter was more composed compared to last night.