Foreign Spice

Millie's POV:

After watching Noah chase after Wyatt I look back to find Finn already in the kitchen where he's scanning his fridge. "You want anything to drink?" He yells over to me from the fridge, his eyes never leaving the selections. "Uh.. sure, what do you got?" I reply while walking over to his couch and plopping down, looking around at all the pictures and.. well basically everything I can see. "Well, um.. we got Gatorade, Coca Cola, Dr. Pepper.. other stuff." He says, most likely referring 'other stuff' as alcohol. "I'll just have a Coke, thanks." I answer quickly before hearing the fridge door shut followed by him coming into the living room with two cans of Coca Cola. "Here you are." He says while sitting down next to me and handing me one of the cans. "So.. you seem to think Wyatt's attractive." Finn mentions as he opens his can, causing the liquid inside to make a furious fizzing sound. "Um, yeah." I reply hesitantly, making a small smirk to appear on his face as he studies me. "To be honest, I'm kinda surprised he isn't the heartthrob of the school- I mean you're totally hot too with your beanie and all but I'm just saying like.." I ramble out, causing the smirk on his face to grow with every word as he attempts to hold back his laughter. "Millie, Millie, it's fine. I get it, really. The only reason Wyatt isn't the school's heartthrob is because well... he's already known to be the school's fuck-boy." He explains with a short sigh before taking a sip from his can. "Really? He doesn't seem that bad." I protest as I stare at him in shock. He rapidly shake his head as he swallows before speaking, "He's bad, trust me. He's a complete douche bag with girls but he's not that bad of a guy to hang out with." Finn explains with a shrug as he messes with the can's cap-opener-thingy, leaving me to only nod in agreement.

"Anyway, enough about Wyatt. Are you still going to Jaeden's party tonight?" He asks, purposefully changing the topic from his disrespectful friend. "I don't know, I haven't had a full night of sleep since I got here.. so probably not." I explain while crossing me legs on the couch so I'm more comfortable. But wait, Finn's going to be there.. what if he makes out with another girl like last time? Well then I'd rather not be there to see it, duh. "Oh, really?" He asks curiously with a disappointed frown on his lips. "Yep, I don't know what I'll do instead but definitely not that.. even if it is a Friday night." I answer casually, brushing off all the voices in my head to do otherwise. "Well um, it'll suck not having you around. You're a pretty good dancer, y'know." He explains while flashing me his signature smile. "All you've seen me do is spin, I don't know if that's technically called 'good dancing'." I say with air quotes while lightly chuckling along with him. "C'mon Millie, there's going to be a hot tub and a ice cold pool!" Finn mentions enthusiastically, his voice getting higher towards the end as if it was a question. "Well... when you say it that way, it's a definite no." I tease, making his lips form into a smile before completely falling.

"Okay fine, you've left me with no other choice but to not go and hang out with you all night." He exclaims while standing from the couch with a sigh. "What? No, you don't have to give up a party just because I have no life." I protest while pulling his hand so he falls back onto the couch. "Oh shut it, you could 100% have a life but you choose not to. With looks like those I bet you could get into any place in the world, cost free." He says in a tone as if he's insulting me yet he's doing the exact opposite. "Finn Wolfhard, are you flirting with me right now?" I question teasingly while pressing my hand on my chest in shock. "Yep, and what are you going to do about it?" He asks flirtatiously while moving closer to me with a devilish grin on his lips. I can't bring myself to answer as he keeps shortening the space between us as I bite my lip to stop myself from smiling. I slowly slide my hand onto his shoulder as he leans in slowly, and right before our lips connect I take my free hand and cover his lips. "You're not crossing me off your stupid list that easily." I remark smoothly while removing my hand, allowing him to back away with a sigh. "Y'know, I don't want to kiss you just so I can cross you off on a non-existing list or have the right to brag about kissing you." He explains while snatching his beanie from his head and running a hand through his ruffled hair. "Then why do you?" I ask curiously, slightly feeling guilty for teasing him as if he was that type of guy. "Because you're the foreign spice that burns my tongue and makes me sweat, without even knowing it." He explains, his voice sounding more honest and truthful than ever before.