Mall Day

Millie's POV:

"What about this one? It's cute, right?" The fiery haired girl questions as she holds up a cotton, light grey crop top against her chest. "Sure." I answer while flipping through various tops, not really paying attention to my best friend. "Millie, actually look at it before answering." Sadie retorts with a faint chuckle. I switch my attention over to her and stare at the clothing for a few seconds before nodding, "It's cute, Sades. Suits you." She shoots me an approving smile as she lays the crop top on her arm, beginning to flip through other clothing with her other. "Wait-" Sadie interjects as she freezes in place, causing me to glance over at her. "You think Caleb will like it?" She questions curiously. "Caleb? Why does his opinion matter on your clothing?" I ask suspiciously, furrowing my eyebrows. "Just answer the question, Mills." She remarks with a sigh. "Yeah, he'll like it." I answer, shrugging casually as I continue flipping. "Ooo! Millster!" Sadie exclaims as she rushes over to me, holding a slick black leather bomber jacket. "For me or you?" I ask as I gesture between us. "You, obviously! It's totally badass, and a badass styles actually look amazing on you, so..." She says, drawing out the 'o'. "Alright. But first, I'm trying it on." I respond before take no the jacket from her and slipping it on over my sweater, struggling to do so. "Mills, just buy it." Sadie urges as she hysterically laughs at my attempt, the sleeves refusing to go past my forearm due to my thick sweater. "So much for trying it on." I mutter to myself as I walk over to the front desk in the store, with Sadie close behind. We quickly pay individually for our picked clothing and strut out of the store, our bags in hand as we walk down one of the many paths throughout the mall that leads to the food court.

-

"So, what's it like to kiss the famous, Finn 'heartthrob'?" Sadie questions with a smirk before taking a bite of her fries. I suddenly choke on the bubbly soda at the sound of her words, coughing shortly after as she snickers in amusement. "We haven't kissed." I answer calmly, causing her eyes to widen in disbelief. "Wait, really?" She asks in amazement, putting her hands on the table. "Yep." I reply while nodding, taking another bite of my fry. "That's- wow, that's the first time Finn hasn't kissed a girl that he went on a date with." She mentions, I just shrug as a response. "Well, enough about Finn. I want to know what you got going on with Mr. McLaughlin." I state smugly, leaning over on the table. "There's nothing going on." Sadie protests as she stares at her basket of fries. "C'mon Sades, you can't lie to me." I say sincerely, a smile growing on my lips as she looks up from her food with a defeated expression. "Fine. I maybe.. possibly... have-a-tiny-crush-on-Caleb-and-have-had-it-since-we-met." She blurts out, her words slurred with anxiety. "Woah, slow down- repeat." I instruct slowly, causing her to roll her eyes with impatience. "I have a crush on Caleb and have had it since I met him." Sadie mutters under her breath as she stares at the tile ground. "Oh my gosh!" I squeal out, jumping in my chair like a little girl. "Shh! Millie, you can't tell anyone- especially the guys." She states sternly, piercing me with her eyes. "Okay, okay. I won't, promise." I vow while holding my hands up in surrender, allowing her expression to soften as she looks around, seeing if anyone heard us. "We should probably go, I'm starting to see people from school." Sadie warns, acting afraid. "Don't we always see people from school? It's a pretty small town, Sades." I mention sarcastically as I grab my bag, following her out of the food court while laughing and talking about random things.

Finn's POV:

"For the last time: we aren't burning our homework!" I scold at Gaten as all four of us sit around the bonfire located at the hangout, the sun about an hour from setting. "Fine, but when you don't have any excuse for forgetting your homework, don't come looking for me." Gaten warns before crossing his arms as he slumps down in his chair. "You guys bicker like an old married couple." Noah mentions with a snicker, Caleb nodding in agreement. "Yeah, right." I snap, laughing along. "So guys, what do you think of Millie?" Caleb asks us curiously, eyeing each of us. "I like her, she seems cool for being new in town." Noah answers with a nod. "She's  not some goodie-two-shoes: first night here, drank the special punch without hesitation. Therefore, she's definitely a badass." Gaten approves, a proud smile on his lips as everyone's attention now draws onto me. "Finn? Your thoughts on 'new girl'?" Caleb questions, using the nickname I have for her. I slightly sink down in my chair as I clear my throat, shrugging as a response. "C'mon Wolfhard, shrugging is not an answer." He protests, causing me to let out a defeated sigh. "Millie's a cool chick, you happy now?" I ask sarcastically before pulling down my beanie so it's covering my face, slumping down in my seat as I cross my arms. "Finn, stop acting like you have a stick up your butt." Gaten states sternly, "You can tell us, man." He adds sincerely, care laced in his words. 

I slowly pull of my beanie and set it on my lap, sitting up in my chair as I run my hand through my tangled hair. "She's.. really easy to talk to, to be around. Her humor is sarcastic, but that's the best type. I think her accent is cute, I guess.... I don't know, can I be done?" I ask desperately, not liking how just talking about her can make my body go weak and brain turn to mush. "Yeah, I think we get the gist lover boy." Caleb teases with an amused smirk, the other two lightly chuckling. "I'm not a lover boy, Midnight." I snap as I lean over in my fold-out chair, Caleb's being right across the fire pit. "Whatever you say, heartthrob." He says with his hands up in surrender, allowing me to lean back in my chair. "I should go, Nick's coming home early today. You guys mind locking up the van?" I ask as I sit up quickly, adjusting my beanie onto my messy hair as I start to slowly take steps away from the bonfire. "Nope, see ya Finn." Noah states, slightly waving. "Bye, bye!" Gaten shouts after me as I walk away, causing me to look over my shoulder to see them all waving casually before drawing their attention to a new conversation.

I stroll over to my car that's parked right beside Caleb's truck along some dirt ground, not too far from the hangout. As I sit in the black leather driver seat, my hand holding my keys, I let out a deprived sigh while contemplating what just happened. Why didn't I just tell them how I felt about her? I've told them about girls before, so why would Millie be any different? Because she actually is different than other girls, she makes me feel a way that.. a way that the guys could never know, or they'd make tease me and joke about me for the rest of my life. I could never tell them how nervous and flustered she makes me just by a simple 'hello'. God, what have you done to me Millie Brown?

Millie's POV:

"But seriously, how could you not be team Jacob? Have you seen his abs?" Sadie questions in disbelief as we sit on the couch in my living room, binge watching the Twilight series. "Sades, team Edward is inevitable to win. They literally get married and have a child!" I explain while gesturing towards the TV that plays 'new moon'. "Shh! Spoilers!" She exclaims with a glare, lightly giggling after seeing as we've both already seen all of the movies. "You wanna do something else?" I ask after finishing New Moon, growing bored of the series I've watched more than once. "Depends, what do you have in mind?" Sadie asks curiously as she clicks off the TV. "I don't know, was kinda hoping you'd come up with something." I answer with a shrug. She hums as a response, jumping up from the couch and quickly tapping her fingers on her phone. "What are you doing?" I question as I furrow my eyebrows, watching her thumbs rush across the screen. "Alright, we're gonna meet up with some of the guys at the lake down by Kiger St." Sadie informs me happily, a small smile present of her lips as she clasps her phone into her hands. "A lake? You're saying we're going swimming in the middle of November?" I question in disbelief, my eyes widening in shock. "Not unless we get pushed in. Now c'mon, let's get ready." She states as she ushers me up the staircase and into my room. This should be good.