Chapter 19

The last thing she heard before closing her eyes was her name being called by her girlfriend.

Zendaya walked into the waiting room and saw her mother and Milika speaking with each other. When Zendaya's presence was acknowledged her mom got up and walked out saying she would meet her at the car.

Milika stood up and walked towards the brunette.

SMACK!

It echoed throughout the waiting room. "I trust you with my daughter. I let you date her. I let you do whatever you want, but I have to come find out she got in an accident because of you?"

"I didn't push her in front of the car. I told her to get a head start across the street while I payed for the check. It's not my fault," Zendaya said.

"Well I think otherwise. It's always something with you two. I've given you plenty of chances. That's it you're done. Don't ever talk to Dinah again." And with that Milika walked to the ER to see her daughter.

...

Zendaya still hadn't left. She told her mom to go home without her and that she'd find her own way home. Zendaya sat on a bench in front of the hospital. She waited until Milika left the building to go back inside.

She sat in the waiting room. Zendaya waited for a few minutes when a doctor walked out. "Party for Dinah Jane Hansen."
Zendaya stood up and walked towards the doctor. "Follow me." The two walked down the hallway towards the ER. "Now we've figured out a way to save her, but it could result in you losing one of the babies."

"It could or it will?" Zendaya asked.

"It will. We can either save both the twins or save one twin and Ms. Hansen," the doctor said.

"So you're asking me to choose between my children and my girlfriend?" Zendaya asked.

"I'm afraid so. But if you do choose the children we can get a sergeant for you." Zendaya thought for a moment.

...

Dinah was carried to her room by her father who was able to come home. Due to money issues he worked so much that he was only able to see his children few times a year. "Daddy where's Zendaya?" Dinah asked.

"I don-"

"She's not coming. She left as soon as I got there," Milika said.

"Oh, o-okay," Dinah said a bit disappointed. Gordon layed his daughter on her bed and gave her a kiss on her forehead.

"I love you. Get some rest okay?" He said. She just nodded and smiled. He engulfed her in a fatherly hug before walking out of the room. The light flickered off and Dinah layed on her side. She looked out of the window while putting a hand on her stomach.

"I'm sorry babies. I really thought I could get you guys a daddy or another mommy. But it turns out it'll just be me and you guys," Dinah said speaking to her unborn 'children'. Dinah was almost asleep when thunder boomed through the sky. It began to rain and lightning struck. She was about to close the curtains when Zendaya knocked on the window.

Dinah quickly unlocked the window and pulled the girl in. "What are you doing out there baby? You could get hurt climbing that tree in a rain storm."

"I had to see you again. After I left the hospital they wouldn't let me back in. I figured your mom meant what she said so I stayed away for a while."

"C'mon let's get you out of these wet clothes." Dinah took off Zendaya wet shirt. She removed her pants and socks leaving her in just her bra and panties. She grabbed a towel and held it up to the skinny girl's hair.

Zendaya put her hand over Dinah's and smiled. "You have really pretty eyes Daya."

"Thanks DJ," Zendaya said. She leaned in closer to Dinah's face. Their lips connected and they shared a much needed kiss. Dinah pulled away and looked into Zendaya's eyes.

"I was getting ready to take a nap. Care to join me?"

"I'd love to."