Chapter 46

"And our little Journey."

Dinah's POV

I walked down the sidewalk towards my grandmother's house. I knocked on the door waiting for an answer. I finally got an answer and Aunt Leilani opened the door.

"Hi Dinah Jane," the woman greeted.

"Hi Auntie. Where's Mama?" I asked.

"She's in her room." I thanked her, walking into the house. Ever since Z proposed I've wanted to repay her. But I don't think I'll ever be able to repay her. She's done so much for me im the past two years.

She's helped me raise Journey. She saved money so we could get a house, with the help of our parents of course. Whenever I had a bad dream about him, she's always there for me. I just want to thank her for everything she's done for me.

It might be hard though. Considering that my grandma's a...strongly religious woman. I knocked on her bedroom door. "Mama, it's me Dinah," I said.

"Come in sweetheart," the woman said. She's a bit sick but she'll get better soon. She's one of the strongest women I know. "How've you been?"

"I'm well, but I should be the one asking you." I sat on the edge of her bed.

"I'm fine Dinah Jane. I keep telling everyone to stop worrying about me. I'll be back to normal in no time. What's been going with you? How come I haven't seen your baby girl yet?"

"I'm sorry Mama. So much has been happening lately that I haven't exactly been able to visit often. But I promise I'll bring her by soon. I uhhh...I wanted to ask you somethin," I said twiddling her fingers.

"Dinah Jane, we talked about you looking people in the eye when you talk. What do you wanna ask me?" My grandmother asked.

"Um so I've been with someone for a while now and um, I wanted to know if I could have Papa's ring?" I let out a shaky breath waiting for her answer. I know how much Papa's ring means to her, but I wouldn't ask for it if it wasn't for the right person.

"Oh Dinah Jane! I'm so happy for you! Who is he?" My smile flickered a bit.

"Well the person's not exactly a he Mama. They're more of a she..." I mumbled.

"What was that?" She asked.

"They're a she," I repeated. The woman nodded as she processed what I'd said.

"Oh...okay. Well is she a good person?" I nodded quickly.

"One of the best I've known."

"Tell me about her," she said patting the spot next to her.

"Well..." I laid next to her holding her hand. "She's tall and skinny. Incredibly smart and beautiful. She has this way of making everyone happy, no matter there circumstance. Yet she does it in an enlightening way. And I really love how she takes care of my daughter."

"Did you have the baby before or after you two got together?"

"Its kind of a long story." I then began to explain how Journey came to be. The more I went on the more tears I saw come to her eyes. As I finished she pulled me into a hug.

"She sounds perfect for you little one. Of course you can have your grandfather's ring. He'd want her to have it. I'm so sorry I wasn't around to help."

"It's okay. I didn't really want anyone to know."

"I can understand why, but if you'd said something everyone wouldn't have been so harsh on you."

I shrugged smiling small. "It's okay. I'm over it now. He's not here anymore to bother any of us and I barely think of him anymore. He's irrelevant Mama."

"Good mindset Dinah. Go get your girl."

...

I bent down to Journey's eye level. I turned her towards my fiancé and pointed. "I want to ask Mama to marry me Journey. But you gotta help me okay?" I whispered.

"Otay."

"This is your great grandpa's ring. So you gotta be extra careful with it. Go up to Mama and give her the ring. I'll come in after you say done."

My little girl nodded. I put the ring in her tiny hand, allowing her to toddle off into the kitchen.

Zendaya's POV

I stirred the pasta in the pot as I thought of Monday night again. It was so spur of the moment that it felt unreal afterwards. Dinah makes me extremely happy. She's given me so much and I'm grateful for them in so many ways.

Speaking of which, I looked over my shoulder to see Journey coming towards me. I smile widely at her as I squatted with my arms open for her. She giggled and allowed me to swoop her up.

"Hi princess," I said kissing her cheek. I turned the stove down and sat on the counter with Journey. "What're you doing here?"

"Marry Mommy," Journey said giving me an old ring.

"What?" I asked confusedly.

"Done Mommy, done!" Journey said bouncing. Dinah came around the hallway corner with a bouquet of daisies. My favorite.

She kissed Journey's forehead before taking her from my arms. "Go play little one." Dinah put her on the floor and Journey ran off. "You're confused aren't you?"

I nodded. The blonde took my free hand in her's. "I want you to marry me."

"I already am though," I said half jokingly.

"Yeah but I want you to marry me with my grandpa's ring. So..." Dinah took the ring from my hand before getting down on one knee.

Holy shit! Is this really happening?! "Will you be my wife Zendaya?"

"Yes." She smiled as she slipped the gold onto my finger and gave me the daisies. I pulled her into a loving kiss.

I really love my baby.