Chapter 28

"Night Zendaya Maree."

Dinah woke up to an empty hospital bed. She looked around and found an empty room. "Where's my phone?"

"Right here babe," Zendaya said walking in with Lauren and Normani following behind.

"Hi mama. How you feeling?" Lauren asked.

"A lot better. And a lot lighter," Dinah answered.

"I should hope so. Where is the baby? Is it a boy or a girl?" Normani asked.

"I was really hoping for those questions to be asked after the siblings got here. It's a girl," Dinah said.

"Really it's a girl? Omg I'm so excited to spoil my new niece," Ally said running to Dinah's side. She hugged Dinah tightly.

"Love you too Ally, but that hurts."

"Sorry DJ."

"She's a mommy now," Normani squealed. She ran to the other side of the younger girl. "I'm so glad you took that blonde dye out of your hair. I wanna take a picture. Daya give her your jacket."

Zendaya gave her girlfriend her varsity jacket. Whipped ass. Dinah put the jacket on her arms. "It's kinda big."

"That's the point," Normani said taking the picture. "Here."

"You took a video but, thank you Mani," Dinah said hugging the older teen

"No prob babes," Mani said.

"Where is she?" Ally asked.

"Who?" Zendaya asked getting into bed with Dinah.

"The baby," Ally said.

"Her name is Journey and she is in the ICU," Zendaya said.

"Who's in the ICU? Not my grandchild," Milika said.

"Hi momma," Dinah replied.

"You owe me an apology," Milika said.

"Sorry mommy. I didn't mean to curse at you," Dinah said.

"It's fine but where's my grandchild?"

"She's in the ICU," Zendaya said getting up to greet Milika.

"Why are you here?" Milika asked. Das shady Lika, shady 🐸☕.

"I-"

"I told you I don't want you anywhere near Dinah," Milika said. "Leave."

"Momma," Dinah whined.

"No Dinah it's fine. I'll just leave," Zendaya said. She went to kiss Dinah's cheek but, was blocked by Milika. The brown eyed girl nodded and left without a word.

"Momma," Dinah scolded.

"What?" Milika asked nonchalantly.

"What has she ever done to you? She made a few mistakes but, guess what so have you and I. I think if even I can forgive her that you should be able to. Just tell me what she did to you," Dinah said.

"I don't trust her. Everything bad happens to you and it always involves her. Literally everything," Milika said.

"You didn't seem to think that when she was playing with Dinah and the rest of us when we were little," Tori said. Everyone turned towards the doorway and found Tori standing there, looking very irritated. "So tell me, what bad thing has she ever done to you or Dinah?"

Milika couldn't answer.

"Exactly. So let them live," Tori said. She went out in the hall where Zendaya cried on Alessia's shoulder. "It's okay Daya."

"I just want to be there for Dinah and Journey but, Milika doesn't want me too," Zendaya said wiping her tears. "I love her and that baby so much and she's gonna take them away from me."

"No she's not Daya. She'll come around at some point. Because I'm sure even though she isn't aware of things yet, Journey knows that you are her mom. Okay?" Tori assured.

"Okay. Thanks guys."