Chapter 56

She prayed nothing did though.

"I love looking at you," Dinah said gazing longingly at Zendaya.

"Me too babe." Zendaya leaned down kissing the blonde's lips. "You're gorgeous."

"But you're extraordinary."

"And you're other worldly."

"You're a universal beauty." Zendaya blushed.

"Really?"

"Absolutely." Dinah pulled her close by the waist. "I'm so glad we're gonna get married."

"Me too. Have you looked for a dress yet?"

"No I wanna wait til Ally gets back." Zendaya smiled and connected their lips once more. "I love you so much Z."

"I love you more D."

...

Dinah walked past the bathroom. She stopped for a minute when she heard the angelic voice of her future wife.

"I put my love on top, top, top, top, toooop! I put my love on top!" Dinah smiled. She didn't get to hear Zendaya's voice often, and when she did she savored it.

"What are you doing out here princess?" Dinah jumped at the sight of Zendaya in a towel.

"I-I didn't know you got out the shower," Dinah said. Zendaya furrowed her eyebrows.

"Were you...were you listening to me?"

"U-Uhhhhh....what's the right answer to this?" Zendaya scoffed before walking off. "Look baby I'm sorry. I wouldn't have listened if it were that important to you."

"You already know how I feel about people listening to me Dinah." The brunette entered the bedroom, closing the door in Dinah's face.

"Babyyyyy, I'm sorry. I really am," Dinah apologized. She leaned on the door with a pout. "I sowwy Daya."

It was quiet for a moment. "Daya?" Dinah went to open the door to find it'd been locked. She waited for another moment or two. The door flung open and Zendaya stood there in a shirt and joggers. Her hair had been wrapped in a towel, but some baby hairs were still wet making water slip down her face.

"I'm sowwy baby." Zendaya pulled Dinah close by the waist.

"Did you really like it?"

"Yes Z. You sounded really good. And even if I wouldn't tell you if you sounded bad ."

"Ahaha, very funny Dinah." Zendaya rested her chin on Dinah's head. "I was thinking of trying to get discovered after graduating."

"Yeah?"

"Mhm. We start small until I figure out what I really want to do." Dinah smiled looking up at Zendaya. She cupped the brunette's cheek, looking deeply into her eyes.

"You're gonna do great things baby. I'm glad you're allowing me to watch."

...

"Mommy, I wan Momma," Journey said, tugging on her mother's arm.

"Momma, is working right now. You know that. She always works on Thursdays," Dinah replied.

"But she said she help me wit da tar." Journey held up her little pink guitar that Zendaya got her for her birthday. Dinah lifted her daughter next to her on the couch.

"I'll help you baby." Journey shook her head.

"I wan Momma." Dinah sighed.

"You're just gonna have to wait until she gets back. Okay?"

"Nooo!"

"Journey, stop it. I think you need a time out." Journey screeched throwing her body back on the couch and rolling onto the floor. Dinah picked up her child, trying to maneuver her in her arms. Journey flailed around, hitting at Dinah's face.

"Journey, stop it damn it!" Dinah shouted. She carried the crying toddler upstairs to her bedroom. "You're taking a nap!"

"Nooo!"

"Yeeesss!" Dinah sat Journey in her crib and left the bedroom. The blonde let out a breath of relief. "I could use a nap too."

Dinah trotted into her and Zendaya's bedroom before flopping on the bed. She moaned in satisfaction and snuggled under the covers.

...

Zendaya walked out to her car. She found Tori leaning the hood of the car. "Um Tori, what are you doing?" Zendaya asked.

"Nothing, just waiting for you," Tori hummed.

"Why?" Zendaya asked skeptically.

"So I could do this." Tori grabbed Zendaya by the waist, smashing her lips onto the taller woman's. Zendaya was taken aback. Coming to her senses she pushed the woman away.

"What the hell Tori?! How many times do I have to tell you?! I don't-"

"Stop lying to yourself Daya." Tori took Zendaya's hand in hers. "You know what we have is real."

"Tori, what we have is a friendship that's deteriorating by the second. Fuck off."

"Don't talk to me like that." Tori gripped Zendaya's neck tightly, but the woman could still breathe. Zendaya felt her pussy moisten at the feeling of being dominated.

Zendaya let out a whimper as she pulled at Tori's wrist. Their lips locked once more, in an even more deep and intentional kiss. The brunette was pushed against the hood of her car.

Why am I doing this to myself?

...

Zendaya snuck into the house, trying not to wake anyone. She was closed the door quietly and removed her shoes, sitting them by the door. Zendaya trotted past the kitchen towards the steps.

"Where were you all night?" Dinah's voice asked. Zendaya froze. Stay calm Z, stay calm. The light turned on and Dinah sat at the kitchen counter in her pajamas. "Daya, I'm not talking to the wall."

"Hi babe. How was your day?" Zendaya asked dodging the question.

"Fine, where were you?" Dinah asked again.

"Nowhere important. Just getting some fresh air," Zendaya lied.

"Why so late? You get off at seven and it's ten."

"I needed to think."

"About what?"

"Jesus Dinah. Can I have my own thoughts please?!" Zendaya snapped.

"I'm sorry I'm concerned about where my fiancé is for three hours without calling, or at least leaving a text saying you'd be home late. That's all I ask from you Z. What if something happened? I wouldn't have known where you were."

"Then just tell me that. Don't interrogate me about it." Zendaya took a deep breath. "Look, I'm sorry I didn't call okay. I'll make sure I do next time okay?"

"Okay." Dinah embraced Zendaya in a tight hug. She sniffed the girl's clothes. "That's new perfume. Where'd you get it?"

"I borrowed some from a coworker. I didn't want to come home sweaty," Zendaya lied, biting her lip nervously. Dinah nodded slowly and walked away.

"I'm going to bed. Night Z, I love you."

"Love you too."