Chapter 52

"What did I just do?"

"Happy Birthday Journey," Zendaya and Dinah cooed as they woke up their now three year old. The blue eyed girl stirred slightly in her sleep.

"Mommy," Journey said small. Dinah picked her up holding her close.

"It's your birthday today baby. Y'know what that means?" Dinah asked.

"Cake and pesents," Journey said. Now that she was fully awake the three went downstairs to engorge in the large breakfast Zendaya had made for them. "Yummy Mama."

"Thank you J," Zendaya said kissing the little girl's cheek. Once they were finished they got dressed and washed to start the day. "What do you wanna do first princess?"

"Park!" Journey said bouncing up and down. Zendaya giggles at her daughter's reaction.

"Okay. Go put your shoes on," Zendaya said. The little girl ran off towards the front door. Dinah walked up behind the taller girl.

"Baby," Dinah cooed. Zendaya felt a pair of lips on her neck. "Our baby's three now."

"I know." The brunette turned around wrapping the woman up in her arms. She felt terrible. She hadn't told her about the altercation with Tori a week ago. It wasn't that she didn't want to, she just didn't know how. "Baby...I have something to tell you."

Dinah looked up at her fiancé with a smile. "What's up?" Zendaya's face softened a little and she was starting to change her mind.

But there shouldn't be secrets in a relationship.

"The other night...I-"

"Mommies I ready!" Journey shouted.

"Use your inside voice in the house baby," Dinah said taking Journey's hand. "We'll talk at the park," Dinah whispered in Zendaya's ear.

...

Dinah lifted Journey into the swing. "Ready Jay?"

"YES!" Dinah giggled before lightly pushing Journey.

"What did you wanna talk about Z?"

"U-Um I-I um...." Zendaya began to stumble over her words. She didn't know where to start. Dinah stopped pushing Journey and took Zendaya's face in her hands.

"You look a little flushed babe. Your face is turning red," Dinah said worriedly examining the skin.

"I-I-" Zendaya fell to the ground.

"Daya!" Dinah frantically kneeled by the woman's side. She checked her pulse and luckily it was still going normally. She'd just fainted.

"Mommy, what's wrong with Mama?" Journey asked.

"Nothing baby. She's just tired," Dinah lied as she stood Zendaya to her feet. Luckily there was a bench nearby and the blonde laid Zendaya there. "Zendaya, get up."

"Mommy!" Journey shouted from the swings. Dinah huffed and went to grab her daughter.

"Go play for a little bit and then we'll go see Auntie Lauren," Dinah said. Journey didn't hesitate as she immediately ran off towards the small jungle gym. The blonde returned to Zendaya, who was know waking up. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine," Zendaya said rubbing her head. Dinah sat in the taller girl's lap. She wrapped her arms around her, pulling her close.

"If whatever you had to tell me was that bad, maybe you shouldn't say it right now," Dinah suggested. "Wait until we go to sleep. Let's focus on our little girl."

Zendaya nodded and kissed Dinah's cheek. "God I love you."

"I love you too baby."

...

"Happy birthday dear Journey! Happy birthday to youuuuuu!" The girls sang out.

"I blow out my own candles Mama," Journey said pushing away Zendaya's face. Everyone laughed. It took a while, but eventually the candles were blown out.

"Which slice do you want princess?" Normani asked.

"Dat one," Journey said pointing to the corner slice.

"Okay." Everyone soon sat around the table, enjoying the delicious chocolate cake Journey picked out herself.

"She's a whole big girl now," Lauren said looking at Journey sadly.

"I know. I swear she was just born yesterday," Dinah agreed.

"She's going to preschool soon, isn't she?" Normani asked. The blonde nodded. She remembers just teaching Journey to sit up on her own. Now she was going to school. It was crazy how fast she grew.

Later on everyone was returning home after spending a night of celebrating Journey. The little girl was tucked into bed and kissed goodnight. "Love you J," Zendaya and Dinah cooed.

"Wuv you mommies," Journey replied sleepily. They left her bedroom, closing the door behind her. Zendaya's palms began to sweat as the two got closer to their bedroom.

"Uh Dinah...how about we go to the kitchen and get a snack first?" Zendaya suggested.

"But we just had cake," Dinah reminded.

"Yeah, but I'm still hungry. I'll meet you in a minute," Zendaya said before darting off.

Dinah's POV

That was strange. I've never seen her so jittery before. Even when she proposed she was calm and confident. What did she do so bad that she can't even talk to me?

I'll figure out sooner or later. I took a quick shower and got dressed in one of Zendaya's shirts. She soon came upstairs and sat next to me on the bed with her ice cream. I laid my head on her shoulder, rubbing her arm in a soothing manner.

"What's wrong baby?" I asked. She was hesitant. I felt her tense up against me. "Whatever it is, I promise not to be mad at you."

It's one of the biggest lies you can tell a person. But it's also one that everyone falls for. Though I will try my best not to be mad at her. Zendaya looked at me with her big brown eyes filled with guilt. She put her head down quickly removing her gaze from mine.

I lifted her head making her look at me. "Please tell me what's wrong," I said with a slight smile.

"U-Um I-I um...I don't know where to start," She stuttered.

"Maybe the beginning," I said. She began to explain to me quickly how Tori had snuck into our bedroom the night that Ally came to visit. She explained how she thought it was me caressing her in ways that only I should.

I was livid.

Not at her but at Tori. And I was gonna make sure that bitch knew not to mess with my baby.