Dreams

_______Kenzie______

I woke up covered in sweat and tears, I was in my bed. I looked around feeling uncomfortable and sighed, my mouth was all dry. I just switched sides but felt wide awake. Why am I feeling like this?

I turned my lamp on and sat up and took a drink of water, I still couldn't fall asleep so I got up and opened my balcony window. So many times I stood here about to sneak out to go to who I believed was a decent guy's house to hangout with my best friend who didn't help me.

I pulled the rope up, "I don't need this anymore." I whispered to myself and threw it in the trash. I sat down on one of the chairs on the balcony.

Suddenly my mind flooded back to the first night I was here and I was hungry, I tried vegemite and fell on a puddle, I giggle and bit my lip, I wish it were that simple again.

I sighed and then had a sudden urge to smoke a joint. I looked at the bag beside me that was filled with joints and pot brownies. I gulped and grabbed it, I went to my bathroom shutting the door and locking it being all steryosypical and then grabbed the lighter from one of the drawers. I grabbed a joint and lit it blowing the smoke into the mirror.

I need to quit these. I finished smoking it and sprayed some frebreeze got different clothes and waited for the high to kick in.

Minutes later it kicked in and after that, I slept like a baby. 

----------

The next day we ate breakfast and then the boys told me they had a meeting with someone so I had to stay here which I was honestly okay with, I didn't feel like going out at that moment.

They were gone for an hour or so and I was just sitting in the kitchen snacking on chips looking at twitter when a video popped up, it was a homeless guy being given food and clothes, I smiled. I'm so happy theres still good people out there.

Suddenly I got an idea, I rushed upstairs to my room and took a shower and then threw on some pants because it was raining. I grabbed a nude color cropped hoodie and then concealed my hickeys on my neck and then curled my lashes and grabbed a white hat. I opened my sun glasses drawer and grabbed an old pair of aviators and then noticed the rose colored glasses Corey liked.

I angrily grabbed them and then grabbed a purse shoving my money in it and then rushed downstairs and grabbed my keys, I probably shouldn't roll up in a Range Rover. I sighed and opened the garage and saw a lexus lfa 2017, probably the least flashy car they have.

I went back into the house and grabbed the keys under the words 'Lexus IFA' and got into the car. I backed out and then put in the address, I followed the directions to the place I was going, I made sure today they were having the special friday thing. 

When I got there I could feel my heart break, I took a deep breath and got out seeing a bunch of people looking at me with a smile, I opened the doors allowing several other people in before me. When I entered a nice lady smiled and said, "Welcome to LA's Homeless Shelter. I assume you're here to volunteer for the soup kitchen?"

I nodded, she smiled and handed me a name tag, I wrote my name on it and handed the sharpie back to her, "Thank you." I smiled and walked away only to be confused of what I was supposed to be doing.

"Lost?" A male voice asked making me jump, I turned to where the voice came from and saw a very attractive blond boy smiling at me, his nametag said 'Landon' on it.

I laughed, "You scared me." I told him, "I'm Kenzie."

He looked down at his nametag, "Im Landon." He grinned showing his pearly whites. I smiled at him and bit my lip, "I'll show you around and introduce you."