22. Ex Boyfriend (S.M)

"You're jealous," you say, telling Matt accusingly.

"No, no I'm not. I just love you too much to let you go."

"We broke up, Matt. Get over it."

"I—I am over it. I just don't want anyone else to date you when I still love you."

"Sounds like you're not over it," you say, raising your eyebrow at him.

"But—"

"Hey, babe," Shawn greets you as he comes over to your side. "Oh, Matt. Um, hey."

Matt glares at Shawn and doesn't say anything to him.

"Let's go, Shawn. I want to go inside to the dance already."

Shawn meekly nods, noticing the tension between you and Matt which makes him want to escape it as soon as possible. Shawn holds onto your waist as he leads you inside the building where homecoming is being held at.

Someone else latches onto your waist though and forcefully spins you around. You look in shock at Matt and quickly pull away from him as he leans in to kiss you.

"Get away from her!" Shawn yells at him, practically growling in anger.

"NO! It's supposed to be me and Y/N going in there! Not you and her!"

"Get the hell away from her, Matt. I swear—"

"You'll what? Steal my girlfriend? You already have!"

"He didn't steal me away! You and I broke up! Get over it," you tell Matt.

Matt ignores you and goes over to Shawn, connecting his fist to Shawn's face. Shawn seems taken aback for a moment but quickly throws a punch at Matt's jaw.

"STOP!"

They don't listen. They engage into a full brawl of attacks as you helplessly yell from the sidelines. Several adults come over and they finally are able to separate the two.

You rush over to Shawn's side where his cheek already seems to be swelling up, probably to form a bruise and you notice his busted lip.

"That—"

"MATT! NO ONE CARES!" You yell at him.

The teachers take Matt away and one tells Shawn that they'll need to take him too.

"I'm sorry, Y/N. I shouldn't have done that," Shawn apologizes.

"I love you for doing that for me. I love you for sticking up for me. I love you, Shawn."

Shawn smiles and says, "I love you too."

"I'll see you later when you're done. Ok?"

"Yeah, hopefully this doesn't take too long."

Shawn gives you a kiss and leaves with Matt and the other teachers. You dreamily walk inside the building and wait for Shawn as you decide to pass the time with your friends.

You love Shawn.