36. Don't Drop Her! (S.M)

"Stop!" You yell, trying to get him to stop laughing and messing around.

"She loves it when I carry her though!" Shawn argues, spinning your daughter around in his hands.

"I swear to god, Shawn if you don't—"

He rolls his eyes and sets Skylar down on the sofa.

"Skylar loves it when her dad plays with her," he says and he goes over to Skylar, adding in a baby voice, "don't you, Skylar?"

"She likes it," you tell him. "Until she gets hurt she'll realize that she doesn't like it!"

"She won't get hurt because I won't let that happen."

"I know you won't let it but you're very clumsy which worries—"

"You've got nothing to worry about," he says, going over to you and trying to comfort you.

"I suppose," you say, giving up.

Shawn cheers and picks Skylar up to carry her again. He plays with her and makes her giggle.

You turn around, deciding that you don't need to worry any longer and you go upstairs, into your office, working on an assignment you have from your job.

Suddenly, you hear a loud thud and the crying begins. You rush downstairs and the gasp escapes your mouth loudly.

"Shawn! I can't believe you!" You yell at him in anger.

He begins laughing and says, "you deserved it!"

You glare at him, annoyed that he's dropped the dictionary onto the floor and that he's played a recording of a baby crying to make you think that he dropped Skylar.

"Jerk," you tell him.

You take Skylar out of his arms and carry her, noticing that she's begun giggling with Shawn.

"I can't believe you did that," you say and as you think about it, a laugh escapes you which makes Shawn smirk.

"See! You think it was funny too. You're welcome for making you laugh because you really needed it."

"I didn't."

"You've been too stressed lately, Y/N. Just relax with us and take a break."

"Is it bad parenting to leave your baby in the living room while the parents take a break in the bedroom?" You ask Shawn with an innocent smile.

"I'll put her to rest," he says and he lays her down in the crib that's next to the sofa.

She shuts her eyes which gives Shawn and I the cue to leave. We go upstairs into our bedroom and begin our break.