65. Wrong Number (S.M)

"I got a new number," your friend tells you.

  "What is it?"

  She gives you the number and asks you to call her. You comply and as your phone keeps ringing, hers doesn't give any sign that someone is calling her.

   Someone picks up and your hear a male voice say, "hello?"

  You put the phone down and you tell your friend that some guy answered.

  "You're welcome. Take advantage of this! Talk to him," she encouragingly says.

  You roll your eyes and you answer, to spite her, "hey, this is, uh—"

  "I'm Shawn," he says.

  The voice now has a name.

"I'm Y/N."

  "So, why did you call me?" He asks.

  The explanation spills out of your mouth and when you're done, he starts laughing.

  "I see," he simply remarks.

  "I'm sorry about that," you say, fumbling around for the words to say.

  "No, no. I think it was fate that you called me."

  "What do you mean?" You ask.

  "It was written in the stars that we had to meet," he explains.

  I put the phone down and whisper to my friend, "'Written in the stars?' What is he on?"

  She laughs and motions for you to continue the conversation.

  "I heard that," he says.

  You feel embarrassed and quickly tell him, "it's just that, saying that it was fate is quite dramatic."

"Turn around," he says.

"What?"

"Turn around," he repeats.

You turn around and see a tall, brown haired guy with eyes that hold you in a trance. He smiles and puts his phone in his pocket, making the call end as he walks toward you.

"How?" You ask.

"Y/N, I never got a new number," your friend says, "I made it up so that I could set you up with him."

"How?" You ask again.

"It's true," Shawn tells you.

"But... How did you two plan this?"

"Now that is a secret," your friend says.

"Let's just say it was fate," Shawn suggests.

"Written in the stars," you say.

"Exactly," he tells you.

"I hate you both," you tell them as you roll your eyes.

  "No, you don't," your friend says.

"Ugh, whatever!" You tell her and you throw your hands up in the air jokingly.

"I should go," Shawn awkwardly comments.

"No!" Your friend quickly tells him.

"Stay," you add.

He seems a bit hesitant, but you motion to the seat next to you and he sits down. The small shop you're in is full of people but as you look into Shawn's eyes, it feels as if it's just you and him.

"I was successful!" Your friend yells, "I am a great matchmaker."

"What?" I ask.

"Nothing," she quickly remarks and adds, "I should get going!"

"Wai—" you begin to say.

"Bye!" Your friend says before you can get a word in.

"Well, looks like it's just you and me," Shawn says.

  "It is," you say and you clear your throat.

  Okay, the guy may be really cute but you literally know nothing about him. What made your friend think that this would be a good idea? Leaving you alone with a stranger?

  "I know what you're thinking. I'm a stranger but I'm thinking that too! I don't really know anything about you," he explains.

  "I'm just a little bit nervous," you admit.

  "So am I, but I like what you're doing to me."

  "Those sound like song lyrics," you remark.

  "Yeah, they could be," he says as he grins.

  "You seem nice, but how do I know you're not like every other annoying guy? "

  "I'm not like those other guys," he says. "I'm Shawn."

  "So?"

  "I'm different," he simply says.

  "I hope that's true."

  "Trust me, it will be. I meant what I said earlier. I still think that this is fate. Your friend just helped with getting us to reach this fate."

  You smile in response and he reaches across the table to hold your hand.

  The only thought that crosses your mind is, he's a keeper.

  So much had come from calling a wrong number and everything, including meeting Shawn, had been fate.

  I've had so much writer's block! This imagine isn't very good tbh but I promise that I'll soon be back with better writing ❤️