30. Trust Me (S.M)

"I don't know what to do," you tell Shawn as he looks at you, probably wondering why you're saying this.

"You don't trust me?" He asks.

You catch a glimpse of the sadness in his eyes, making you feel guilty for saying that. You know that it should be stated though, considering that he lied to his parents about your relationship with him.

"I can't trust you if you're going to lie about that. Did you lie because you're ashamed of me?"

He shakes his head and says, "I'm just not ready for them to know."

"How can I trust if that's the truth?"

"Babe, don't you trust me?"

"Stop doing that. Making it as if I'm the problem. This is your fault," You tell him.

"I'm sorry. It is," he says.

"That's it?" You ask.

"What?"

"You're just going to accept it?" You question.

"What do you want from me?" He asks, and this time you see that he's frustrated.

"I don't know," you say softly.

He reaches his hand out to you, but you let it fall and turn away.

"I can fix this!" He tells you.

With that, he picks up his phone.

"Who are you calling?" You ask.

He stays silent until finally someone picks up, prompting him to say, "hey mom! Can you make sure that dad hears what I'm about to say?"

You're shocked and feel warm at his actions. Actions speak louder than words and now, he's actually going to do something about it.

"I just need to say," he starts, taking a deep breath before blurting, "I'm dating Y/N and I'm not ashamed! I love Y/N and she's the best thing that's ever happened to me. If you have a problem with it, then.. uh.. too bad?"

His last statement is a bit uneasy but he places his parents on speaker, and you hear them congratulate Shawn on finally telling the truth.

"What do you mean?" Shawn asks.

This time, you feel bad because the moment that his parents tell him that you had already told them about the relationship, you see Shawn go through ten stages of anger, confusion, and sadness.

"I have to go," Shawn whispers into the phone.

"I'm sorry, Shawn. I was angry in the moment and just told them. I'm so sorry," you quickly tell him.

"When did you tell them?"

"The day you didn't tell them the truth about our relationship," you admit.

He stays silent.

A few awkward minutes pass until he says, "okay."

"Okay?"

He looks down, and when he turns to face you again, a smirk is on his face.

"You went behind my back and thought you could do whatever you wanted, eh?"

"I mean, yeah- but it wasn't meant-"

He brings his finger to your mouth, silencing you which leaves you confused.

Shouldn't he be angry?

"You should have told them the truth," you say.

"And you could have told me the truth," he counters.

"I guess we both could have told the truth. It would have saved us so much trouble," you tell him.

"Definitely," he agrees.

His mischievous grin takes over his face and you notice the change in mood.

You eagerly walk over to the chair he's sitting at, and say, "we should work things out and make this better."

"What ideas do you have in mind?" He questions.

You can see the corners of his mouth curling up into a smile and you lean down, looking directly into his brown eyes.

"This."

You start to kiss him, savoring that summertime feeling he gives you.

Being with him makes you cross the emotions of being burning hot and then jumping into the cool ocean, satisfied with a touch.

He somehow knows how to please you, and even when you're finished, you still can't resist the urge to keep going.

So it continues.

Until the both of you yell at the same time, like some cheesy couple, "I forgive you!"

You feel warm next to him, and lay a kiss on his check as he's trying to relax and take a breath from all of the chaos between the two of you.

In the past, you and Shawn had resolved arguments in multiple ways. This was the first time where you had used pleasure, as a strange but fantastic solution, to fix the problem.

Either way, you know that you can work through anything with Shawn and that, most importantly, you can trust him.

Anyways...