44. Hospital Visit Part 1 (ALL.M)

"Cut!" The director yells.

"What's wrong this time?" Shawn groans.

"Everything! You two have no emotion and chemistry towards each other which is clear in the filming!"

"So? What do you want us to do about it? You're the director, do some editing or something," you shoot at the director.

"Believe me, editing cannot fix this issue!"

"Stop yelling already!" Shawn screams.

"You're yelling too, dumbass," you tell Shawn.

He rolls his eyes and seems like he's about to say something but he decides against it.

"I'm taking a break. I expect this issue to be done with when I come back. If it isn't, you're all fired! This is my movie anyways, I can do what I want with it."

With that, Shawn leaves both you and the director with your mouths hanging wide open.

"Y/N, I cannot lose my job because the two of you want to fight like children so try to at least be on better terms with Shawn."

"Well, I have a line of roles waiting for me anyways so frankly, losing this job— it doesn't matter to me."

"Then why are you still here?"

"I have other roles but this role, it's with the ten time Grammy awarded singer that everyone is in love with so it means I get more fame, that's the only reason why I'm still here. In the end though, if I lose the job, it doesn't matter."

He huffs and says, "I'm taking a break too. I hope you come to your senses and try to act like an actual grownup around Shawn."

"He's the one that needs to get it together!"

A few minutes later, Shawn comes back, looking distressed and you can't help but ask, "what's wrong?"

"None of your concern," he snaps.

"Fine, I was only trying to be nice but I guess that's too much for you to handle."

He doesn't match your rude remark, instead saying sadly, "my sister is in the hospital."

"Is she okay?"

"She's obviously not okay if she's in the hospital!" He yells at you.

You look down, angry at yourself for asking such a stupid question.

"Hey, sorry, I'm just— she needs a surgery. I need to go to the hospital right now. Everyone, we're done for the day!"

The crew members begin packing up and as he's about to leave, you grab his arm and say, "I'll go with you."

"No, I don't need you to be there. All we've done is fight, my sister seeing people fighting isn't going to help her."

"I won't fight, I promise," you say.

"Fine, let's go."

You grab your things in your dressing room and get ready to catch a flight to see Shawn's sister.

. . .

"Shawn! I'm Shawn Mendes! I'm not some impersonator and I'm here to see my sister!" Shawn furiously yells at the receptionist who asked for proof of identification.

"Shh, calm down, Shawn. People are staring, don't make a scene. You don't want the paparazzi to catch you this way."

He nods his head slowly and takes out his license, "here's your proof now let me see my sister."

"Right this way, sir but the young lady cannot come with. She's not on the approved list."

"She's on my list so let us through."

The receptionist wants to argue but she catches Shawn's growing anger and decides against it.

Good choice. I wouldn't want to mess with Shawn when he's like this either.

"Right this way, your sister is in room 20."

Shawn ignored the lady's directions to not do certain things but Shawn ignores her and runs past her, into the room.

"Aaliyah!"

"Shh! She hasn't woken up yet," a lady tells Shawn.

"What happened to her, mom?"

His mom... and his dad are both here.

His mom begins tearing up and his dad grabs her hand, trying to comfort her, and tells Shawn, "Aaliyah was in the car with her friend, who was driving and had a few drinks, her friend got into a car crash—"

"That bit—"

"Do not blame that girl! Aaliyah shouldn't have gotten in the car with her in the first place."

"You're blaming Aaliyah for this? What the fuck, dad?"

"No, that's not what your dad is trying to say. We just wish Aaliyah had made a better choice so she wasn't here."

His dad cleats his throat and asks, "who's this?"

"She's—"

"I'm his costar in the movie he's working on. I wanted to be here for extra support."

"That's nice of you but Shawn needs his family, not you."

"Mom! She's been a great help honestly and you shouldn't say that to her."

"This girl is here because she wants a raise, I bet, not because she cares about you. Isn't that right?"

"Aaliyah wouldn't want us to fight over something so stupid."

"Then she should leave!"

Shawn doesn't know what to say but I do, "I'll leave, I'm sorry for bothering you."

You leave the room and ignore Shawn yelling, "come back Y/N!"

You ignore him but when you get on the elevator, that's when you hear, "Aaliyah! You're awake!"

Part 2 coming soon.