Chapter 17

Raidyn

"I'm sorry I had to tell her, Bren." I grimace over at him walking my side. His face is black and blue. He has a cast on his nose and two black eyes from breaking it, needless to say more- he looks like hell.

"She would've found out sooner or later." Bren sighs. "I feel so terrible about it. It wasn't even good sex!"

"I think you definitely know better for next time." I chuckle.

He forces a chuckle. "I really do want to be a dad to my new baby and to my son."

"Why don't you want to know the sex again?"

"Because I'm scared."

"Scared? Of what?" I chuckle.

"Of something going wrong, you know it destroyed Byrd knowing the sex. I'd rather just not know until the right time--when it's born."

"Oh." I keep quiet for a moment. "I never expect you to make sense so when you do it takes me by surprise."

"I'm not as unintelligent as you always set me out to be." He smirks.

"I don't think you're unintelligent, I just figure you as ridiculously frothy."

"Well, I think I'm unintelligent because only an idiot would cheat on Flora." He scratches at the back of his arm.

"I wonder what your child will look like."

"Beautiful." He shrugs.

I throw my head back and laugh. "Oh brother. I guess you won't be too far from the mark."

"Hey, what would you say if I asked you the same question? You mean to tell me you wouldn't respond with 'beautiful'?"

"I already have two handsome devils as sons with the love of my life so I guess we'll never know if I would've for sure." I shrug jokingly.

"Okay then, what do you think your next one will look like?" He clarifies.

"Beautiful." I mock and stick out my tongue at him.

Bren holds his stomach and lets out a hearty laugh. "You're too much, brother."

"Well, sounds like someone is having fun." Bren and I seem to near quick, panting breaths and some moans. "Who is getting it on in my castle, in public, in the middle of the day?"

"It's not Astrid, she's louder." Bren teases. "And Byrds paralyzed, so I'm all out of guesses."

"Well, when we turn the next corner I think we just might find out and get a free showing."

Bren laughs and tugs me along. "My kind of entertainment."

I chuckle and shake my head.

Bren and I round the corner and I throw him against the opposite wall as soon as the faces register in my mind. Flora and Duck. Flora and Duck, fucking.

Flora is in Duck's arms, her legs wrapped around his waist and her back to the wall. She lets out another breath and picks her head up from leaning back. She opens her eyes, stares down Bren, and then smirks keeping the eye contact.

I'm pretty sure Bren twitches his eye and completely burns up into flames yelling so loud I thought for sure it shook the castle. His flame is out of control as fireballs hurdle toward the couple.

Flora keeps her look and brings her mouth to Duck's ear to whisper something that Bren and I can't hear.

"Shit, they've made themselves flame retardant." I say under my breath watching the flames disappear into thin air.