Chapter 32

Byrd

The minute I get home I am seething with rage, anger. I'm ready to explode. Although I am relieved that that woman and child was not Raidyn's--but Wyr's, I am still angry that he left the entire day to do all these things ignoring me and not telling me where he was going. Yes, I followed him, but not technically on purpose. I wanted to go into town and I just so happened to go the same way as Raidyn. I want to spend time with him and he is wasting the time by hanging out with Bren and helping out a woman and her little boy. Although, I am proud of the man he is, I am angered and did I mention so extremely hormonal.

When Raidyn gets home I turn off the lamp and throw the covers over me grumbling leaving him to the dark.

"I don't have a problem with the dark, I am one big clump of energy." He retorts.

I grab his pillow and throw it at him. "Go away."

"And just where am I going to go?"

"Go sleep in the bathtub."

"No."

"Stop bothering me, I'm trying to sleep." I respond bitterly.

"Fine." He sighs and I can hear the sound of his clothes falling to the floor and the opening and closing of his drawers.

I turn to look at him, I can see the energy shoot throughout his entire bare body. "You didn't have to call me a fool in front of them." My voice cracks.

"I called us fools, not you."

"Because of my actions." I raise my voice.

"We looked foolish together, don't worry." He climbs into his side of the bed.

I turn to face him. "No. You mean I did."

"I really don't and I wish you would stop putting words into my mouth. What happened today was embarrassing and it shouldn't have happened in the open like that," Raidyn says annoyed.

I shoot up in bed almost ready to attack him. Sitting up I look over him. "I tried to be civil, I'm sorry I'm so embarrassing because you keep things from me."

"I told you that I would explain things to you later and you didn't listen to me."

"When? This late at night? The only reason I am up is because I'm mad you would've came home again to me asleep. Another day wasted." I grip his shoulder digging my nails into him.

"I wouldn't have come home so late if I wasn't checking my temper all night and furious at you." He hisses.

I roll my eyes and scoff. "Oh your temper." I mock. "Do your worst." I flick him.

Raidyn bursts out laughing. "Looks like someone needs sleep. Cranky and abusive; just like our boys."

I climb on top of him pinning his chest down. I'm furious. "Why would you think I need sleep considering every time you saw me these past two days I have been doing nothing but sleeping!" I growl in his face.

"There is time you spent in bed where you haven't been sleeping." He purrs and a smirk creeps across his face as his hands slip up my legs.

"You're a pig." I slap his hand.

"That doesn't phase me." He chuckles. "Not in the least, little dove."

"Gods sometimes I just want to choke you." I bark readying my hands to strangle him.

"I could disarmer you and this anger in the blink of an eye."

"I don't care." My hands clench onto his body refraining myself from slapping him across the face.