Chapter 46

Byrd

It's the day of Alon and Donovan's wedding and the entire castle seems to be scrambling along. Alon had asked Cal to be his best man, and Raidyn and Duck to be apart of his groomsmen. Donovan decided to ask Jax, me, and one of the guards he's worked with. The kids also got their own place in the wedding. Charlett is the flower girl and Ollivander and Alexavier are the ring bearers.

I'm trying to do my hair when I look over at the boys running around naked and screaming. "Raidyn! You have to get them ready or we will be late!" I shout as I return my focus back to my vanity.

"Shouldn't you be getting ready over at Donovan's?" Raidyn scoffs trying to catch Hollis.

"I am best man. I'm getting ready here." I grab my makeup.

"Such a shame Leona didn't show yet, you know you're just her fill-in." He finally scoops up a screaming Hollis.

"I'm well aware." I say as Riesner runs over by me and I grab him.

"Donovan has got to be hurt at that. Or pissed. He needs you." Raidyn plops down Hollis on the bed and grabs his attire.

I sigh and bring Ries over to the bed to get him dressed. "I know he needs me, but he has Jax and Wilmos over in his chambers helping him."

"It's not the same." He shakes his head and slides on Hollis's undershirt.

"Shouldn't you be with Alon then?"

"I'm not his best man."

"I have to get ready first unless you would like me to bring my dress over there and then the boys can help me zipper up."

"Fine with me." Raidyn smiles.

"Have fun getting the boys ready then." I grab my dress and makeup supply.

"Simmer down, I was joking. Step in and get going. You have responsibilities. It's their big day, we already had ours."

"We woke up too late." I run my hands through my hair. "We don't have time."

"We have enough time. The attention won't be on us. As long as we look presentable- no reason to go overboard."

I sigh and put on lipstick and blush and leave it at that, I've never been good with makeup anyways. "Help me into my dress then." I say as I step into it.

He zippers me up. "I'll handle these two and Dela. You get going now." He motions for me to leave.

"Are you sure?" I rush into my heels.

"Go. If you think he's fine with just Jax and Wilmos, you're insane. He needed Leona there and she's not so he needs you."

"Okay, okay. I love you." I rush out into the hall and quickly run into someone. "I'm so sorry."

"Am I late? Did it happen? I couldn't find him in our room!"

"Leona!?" I blink. "Leona, oh my gods, it's you!" I pull her into a hug. Her stomach presses against mine and I gasp. "Leona..."

"I've just gained a few pounds. It's nothing." She blushes embarrassed. "I ate a little too well back home."

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to insinuate that you we're....uhm." I clear my throat.

"It's fine. Really, it's fine. Where is he?!?" She squeezes my hand.

"Come on." I squeeze her hand back and we run through the castle to get to Donovan's temporary chambers in the opposite wing of where his real room is. "Look who I found." I say opening the door.