Chapter 53

Raidyn

Donovan is hung against the wall, I had done the worst to him last night, using brute force and making an example of why he should respect the king, his king. The shackles were kept tight around his ankles and wrists so he is standing against the wall. I had led him deep into the darkness, the darkness only us Rastifen's can see in. His screams pierced my ears during the early morning hours, I am now down here to check up on he's holding out, Byrd didn't wake when I came back and when I left again this morning so here Donovan and I are...alone.

"You're gods blessed that I decided to spare that head of yours." I growl in greeting.The Lichtenberg scar from my shocks cover up and down the side of his left arm.

"I..." he takes a deep breath groaning in pain. "I always knew you were a monster."

I know his eyes are searching for me in the darkness, but he'll never see me until I drag him back out of it. "I'm no monster and if you truly feel that way, leave. You aren't welcome here."

"My son is here. My husband is here." Donovan winces.

"As if you have done anything for either of those two. You cheat on your husband or are very willing to and you haven't even done anything for your baby which your so-called best friend is carrying. I've noticed a couple things on my own, Donovan."

"I love them both." Donovan snaps. "I love my son and I love Leona. I am married to Alon and he is my forever. I didn't cheat--I was lonely, I have a tendency to not want to sleep alone...as does your wife."

"I don't want to hear you dragging the conversation somewhere else, we are talking about you right now. Why? I actually think that you are the monster, you're cold and unfeeling. You have been after my wife and now you're after Leona, claiming you love Alon at the same time. You say you love these people, but your actions are quite the opposite. You are hurting both Leona and Alon ruining the sanctity of marriage in the process, I'll remain loyal to Byrd until the day I die."

Donovan scoffs. "I love a lot of people. I'm not monster and if I am..." he shrugs, "that's your opinion. I will remain loyal to my queen until the day I die too. I will remain loyal to the mother of my child and my husband until the day I die as well. I went with your wife to the Water Kingdom and saved her and took relentless beatings for her sorry I'm a little," he smirks, "wrong in the head."

"Your head is just fine. I'm tired of your bullshit excuses. You are only loyal to yourself- don't say otherwise because you can't back it up."

"Relax Raidyn, it's just a little concussion joke. There's no use in arguing then." He smiles a cat's smile filled with his cockiness.

"After all of this, I still can't stand you and still can't break you. It's a wonder to me Donovan how Leona or Alon was even able to tolerate you in bed, then again I bet it's the only time you shut up."

"I am great in bed, and not just with sex--I am really good with my tongue, just ask the queen. I have a quick question for you...what was it like to have the two most beautiful girls in the realm at the same time?"

"It was everything you'll dream about for the rest of your sad, pathetic life and more." I shake my head at how typical and disgusting he is to me. I could spill my guts right here at his feet.

Donovan chuckles. "It is quite the fantasy I must say."

"If I could, I would change that and never have let it happen in the first place. It caused too much of a wedge between us all for awhile. I bet you miss her, you know how afraid she was of you when you came after her like that? She loves Jax, Donovan, you've lost again to a better man."