Chapter 71

Raidyn

The next day Byrd came to visit me in the boardroom again. After Byrd left, Wyr and I plotted the best way to handle the possible attack at hand. For every way Creylia could come at us we formulated our own retaliation and defense. Wyr's experience as my general came in handy now that he was my closest adviser, next to Byrd, and now that it's technically still a time of war. Creylia's motives didn't make sense to me? What was se thinking? Why even bother attacking the Lost Kingdom and trying to kill Casden? The Lost Kingdom betrayed the alliance with the Water Kingdom, I get that, but Cynric was dead- of course the alliance they had was over.

Wyr waved his goodbye, he was excusing himself to have dinner with his family- which meant it was time for me to bring dinner down to my least favorite prisoner.

Romina's moans echo through the dungeon, as soon as I open the door I am greeted with them. "Gods, I hope you're not pleasuring yourself to the thought of me." I call out as a warning to her.

My warning is ignored and I finally see why as I notice a guard pounding into Romina in her cell. "Unprofessional, Talon." I say disapprovingly. "You really don't want to get yourself into her, she's more trouble than she's worth." I have since turned around among seeing them, I really didn't want to see her in action again.

Talon rushes out of the cell fixing his pants as he murmurs. "My apologies, King."

I shake my head and turn around to place down the tray inside the unlocked door and then lock it back up myself. "I'll have to be better with who I trust the dungeon key to."

"Oh don't be so stiff. Doing that was an order from the Queen." She flashes a smile.

"Byrd gave him her key?" I narrow my eyes at her.

Romina shrugs still smiling. "Maybe."

"I didn't think Talon was that high up in rank. If you didn't mean it by that then what did you mean? How was any of that an order from Byrd?"

"She told me Talon had a crush on me and that he'd be willing to be my new fuck partner now."

"Good thing you've found someone new to occupy your time because Eilo is dead." I smirk.

"Yes, I know." Romina sits down and picks at her food.

"How." I growl.

"Byrd." She grins.

"It's Queen Byrd to you, prisoner." I spit.

"Is it? Byrd and I are friends, I'm sure she'd tell you that the formality is unnecessary."

"Friends?" I scoff and cross my arms over my chest. "You two barely talk."

"That's what you think. So...seven times?" She smirks.

"I'm glad you know I told her to rub it in your face." I hiss, scowling at her as usual.

"She did no such thing." Romina shrugs. "She told me like best friends would tell each other. She's told me a lot of things."

"All things just to mess with that conniving little head of yours, spy."

"Are you jealous," Romina chuckles, "that your wife is opening up to me and not you?"

"She opens up enough to me, hence the seven times."

"Oh, I'm sure Byrd would open up her legs to me if I asked and also if I wasn't straight."

"Liar. You just love to cause problems. You'd say anything just for us to argue and cause a wedge for you to worm your way into my pants again."