Chapter 56

Byrd

As soon as Romina enters the cottage I am furious. I am seething with rage. I have waited in the doorway for her and the second I see her face I throw my fist hard at her jaw. I don't even worry about the pain associate on my part as my knuckles bleed.

"Touch him one more time and I'll kill you myself." I say with gritted teeth. A warning.

"I'll keep that in mind, Your Highness." Romina smiles.

Raidyn's grandmother chuckles from behind me. "Such theatrics."

"Oh, will you?" I jerk my head back and clench my fists to Romina. That smile, I want to strangle her. "You have put my family in danger, one wrong move and I will not hesitate either."

"I'll be walking on eggshells." She continues to smile as she noticeably checks out Raidyn as he strides into the house. Romina licks her lips, toying with me.

"Oh now you're asking for it." I grab her face in my hand and slam her head against the wall.

Romina gathers herself and stands. "With him I'll always ask for it, but you should've seen him, known him, when he was with me."

"I don't care what you use to know, it's over. I'm married to him." I grab her throat and clench it harder with every breath.

"Raidyn does it better." She rasps out.

I growl and squeeze even harder and then let go as I continually punch her in the face until she's knocked to the ground. "You're pathetic." It's my turn to spit on her.

"I warned her that she'd be getting no dreams tonight because she'd be knocked out." Raidyn comments from the other room.

I shake out my fists. "No one talks to me like that." I can only see red.

"You tell them sweetie!" Raidyn encourages still in the other room with the boys.

I sit down in one of the chairs in the hallway and rub at my forehead. A few minutes later Romina regains consciousness and once again I'm annoyed.

"For a small one, you can pack quite the punch. We will have to duke it out one day when you aren't pregnant." Romina combs her hand through her hair.

"You have a death wish?" I raise my eyebrow.

"I have scrapped with the best of them." She shrugs.

"I spent my whole life training to beat the shit out of people. You underestimate me." I give her an irritated glare.

"I won against Bren before." Romina smiles and calls out to him, "Remember that, Raid?"

I throw a pot of flowers at her. "You're not allowed to talk to him."

"You don't want to hear my stories?" She tilts her head.

"No, I don't quite care to hear what pathetic stories you have conjured up in your mind."

"I didn't conjure them up. I lived them." She touches a couple places on her face. "Yep, definitely going to bruise."

I stand up. "Whatever stories you have, I can easily top." I smirk at her. "Good, I'm glad."

Romina raises her hands, "It's not a competition."

"You see, I know it's not competition." I laugh. "Because I've already won the prize. You, don't seem to understand the concept of keep your hands to yourself."

Romina pinches the bridge of her nose. "Raid, please tell me when she gets this annoying you take her up to the tower and pound into her the way you did me... or even the dungeon, gods."