Chapter 43

Raidyn

The carriage ride on the way to the Eastern Kingdom was terrible. Having three babies isn't an ideal situation, but Byrd and I managed. I couldn't miss out on being a godparent to Bren and Flora's child, it was an honor bestowed upon me and I didn't know how many opportunities I would get, especially from them.

Entering through the castle gates, I was smug. Byrd and I were getting the hang of the constant mess of having three and since Riesner was happy to see his little girlfriend, this morning was better than most.

"Phina! Phina!" Riesner basically sang out her name the entire way here. As we entered in the door, I set him down so he could run to her, well to Flora since she was in Flora's arms.

"Welcome." Flora greeted us all.

Bren looked down at Ries, tapping his foot angrily. "Raidyn, what the hell?" I know he blamed me for letting him down and, in his eyes, encouraging the behavior.

"My baby!" Riesner opens his arms up wide at Flora. He smiles with his manipulative cuteness, his dimple showing.

"No." Bren says in terms Ries can actually understand. "No."

Riesner looks up at Bren. "Yes." He manipulates.

"Yeah, sure, go ahead." Bren nods nonchalantly.

Riesner smiles and looks back at Flora. "Gimme."

Flora bends down and goes to hand over Sera to him.

"Oh, no, no, no. Sit down young man." I say to him and rush to grab the baby. "You can hold her, but you have to sit down. We don't want you to drop the baby. Manipulating people isn't nice, Ries."

Riesner plops his butt down in the ground and holds his hands out. He clenches and unclenches his fists. "Phina." He calls out to her.

"What do you say?" I raise my eyebrow.

"Pweeeeese!" He bats his eyelashes.

"You know you can't manipulate me. If I give her to you, will you be a good boy?" I smile. I know this is all teaching him a lesson he needs to learn.

"Yes." He's now fidgeting. "Good boy."

"Slow." I scold him when he tries to snatch her out of my arms. "Slow. You don't want to hurt her, you love her."

Riesner is now careful when holding her. She sits on his lap as he holds her body close to his. He squishes his cheek to her. "Oh. Oh, you so bootiful. My Phina." He closes his eyes enjoying her presence.

"I don't even understand it. It's not like she can even talk." Bren rolls his eyes pouting while Flora gawks at the pair.

"I wuv you." Ries kisses her head and then opens his eyes looking down at her. He gasps. "Phina! You hair!" It's gotten noticeably longer.

"He loves her. There's nothing to understand, Bren." Flora gives him a dirty look.

"Mama! My boot." Ries calls out.

"He wants to give this to her." Byrd holds out one of Riesner's toy boats.

"Thank gods it's the stuffed one." I remark.

"It was tough decision, but hours later he decided he was willing to give up this one." Byrd smiles as she crouches down handing the boat to Riesner.

"For you." Riesner presses the stuffed boat up against Seraphina's cheek.

Seraphina takes the boat from him, bites it, and then throws it away from her.

"That's my baby girl! Yeah! Rip his heart out." Bren celebrates.